Thursday, December 10, 2009

Easy Star Ornament

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

The snowflakes are swirling, the carolers are caroling.. tonight my monthly stamp group meets and we'll be making a few last-minute Christmas things.

One of our projects will be this simple star ornament. Claire created these easy, beautiful ornaments as a part of the Seasons of Love - Tags release in September. She has a great tutorial on her blog here. I thought these would be a great way to show off some of the Waltzingmouse Stamps sets to my group!

I stamped four stars in Handsome Hunter ink and followed up with a Bravo Burgundy snowflake in the center of each. The Happy Holidays sentiment is also from the SOL - Tags set and was stamped on the smallest tag from the Spellbinders Tags Trio. There are so many embellishment possibilities here, even though I decided to keep mine simple. We might need to break out some rhinestones or Stickles, though!

I also want to share a picture of my decorated fireplace! I have always dreamed of living in a home with a fireplace and I purchased this one as a part of my studio renovation project. It is a ventless fireplace from RealFlame! You burn an alcohol-based gel fuel can in the fireplace, and does not require connection to a chimney or gas line (so its portable, too!). I love it and would absolutely recommend one. It gives off a comfortable amount of heat and crackles just like a wood fireplace. The only bad part is that it doesn't have a smell! I found a candle at Target, though, called Bonfire Nights and it is the perfect addition! Anyway, here's a shot of my fireplace all decorated up. I apologize for the crap picture - I took it early this morning (with a camera that I really don't like) - I will try and get some better shots later.

I love the pine cones and berries. Makes me so happy :) So how is your decorating coming along? Are you an early preparer, or do you like to wait until it is closer to Christmas? I'd love to hear from you!

Have a great night - stay warm and cozy!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Season of Joy - Tags - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Handsome Hunter, Bravo Burgundy - Stampin' Up!
Other: Stars Five, Tags Trio - Spellbinders; Gold elastic cord - Stampin' Up!

7 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Ornament Anya.. and I LOVE your fireplace photo.. we are almost done decorating.. course I see all these FUN ideas online and I think I need to make MORE goodies! :)
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ornament!!! And your fireplaces looks so festive, I love this time of year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Anya, the teeny tag is the perfect touch!! And the fireplace is stunning, love your filled jars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya, the star ornament is gorgeous. I've really got to get some of Claire's stamps. Your fireplace is perfect. I really need to get one of those too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great colors you used on your star ornament Anya! I've been meaning to try Claire's design - maybe this weekend!! LOL!!! Sounds like you'll be having a fun gathering!

    Love your pretty fireplace with all it's lovely decorations!

    I'm sort of half decorated - the tree is up with lights but no ornaments yet (the cats are happy to play under it though!) and we drape a real pine swag along our front and side fence along with tiny white lights and red ribbons on the posts - and that's done - hopefully the little shelf decorations will come out next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great solution to getting a fireplace. I love them too and yours looks so pretty! Your star ornament is gorgeous--hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colors and hope your stamp club went well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!