Thursday, December 31, 2009

For My Valentine

Good morning everyone! Are you ready to welcome the New Year? I am hopeful 2010 runs a bit smoother than '09!

Today I am so excited to sneak peek a new set for Waltzingmouse Stamps, to be released in early January!

This set is packed with sentiments (over 20!) and some great Valentine images. I used the single arrow to create a vintage-inspired Valentine!

Love at first sight!

I stamped the single arrow repeatedly, starting in one location and working out from there. A grid-lined acrylic block makes this easy. The sentiment was stamped right on the arrow - what a great discovery! I stitched around the outside and inked it up with Antique Linen Distress Ink.

The punched background is Martha's Punch Around the Page in Double Loops (with the outside loops cut off). These punches are great, but because of the corner and edge punch combination, come with limitations on the size of cardstock you can use in them.

There you have it! I'd love to hear what you think about the new set so far! If you'd like some more peeks, visit some of my fellow DT members: Julia, Jennifer, and Bonnie!

Wishing you safe celebrations this evening and the happiest of New Years!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps (not yet released)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Punch Around the Page Double Loops - Martha Stewart Crafts; sewing machine

13 comments:

  1. You are just SO clever with Claire's stamps Anya! I LOVE what you've done here with the arrow - it's so vintagey and cute! super stitching and punched edge too!!

    Happy 2010 dear friend - I look forward to working with you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I am a big fan of the warm, vintage feeling. I can't wait for this set to come out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty stunned Anya!! - this is so neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever--love what you did with the arrow and border punch! Such a fun Valentine card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this card is totally AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the arrow background, so clever! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya this is so CUTE!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, clever, cute & vintagey all in one A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E card!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet Anya!! Love it muchly!!! and I hope you have a great New Year's Day and looking forward to 2010 and more of these wonderful stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an unexpected and clever idea! Great card for a guy - not too 'heartsy'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, you sure are creative - I love that card!Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I do love what you've done with the adorable arrow! This really showcases Claire's clean stamp lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card - I love what you've done w Claire's arrow AND the use of that border/corner punch?! WOW - TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!