Sunday, December 6, 2009

Be Merry and Bright

I have to confess - this card is my favorite of the bunch I made for the new Waltzingmouse Stamps release, and I have been saving it for last!

The herringbone pattern border stamp from Little Box Labels was my staple for this one, which I used to create some festive patterned paper. I inked the stamp in various colors, masking off a portion each time so that my stripes would be different widths. (There are 6 stripes total in the stamp, so for the first color I stamped - Rose Red - I masked off 3 stripes and only inked up 3. Easy!) I repeated this, mixing up colors and stripe widths for some variety. I trimmed my patterned paper to a 4-1/8" square and stitched around the outside.

I used a label outline from Very Vintage Labels No. 1, a sentiment from Seasons of Love - Tags, and the holly outline from Very Vintage Christmas (which I also stamped with the herringbone pattern) to finish it off. There are so many possibilities for mixing and matching with Claire's sets that I have a problem using only one! Finally, I outlined my label with a glue pen and added some Smoky Quartz glitter.

I think I just found my Christmas cards for this year! It may seem like a lot of work, but doing things in batches (cutting then stamping, etc.) will make it a piece of cake.

As always, I so appreciate your visit! I hope you'll take a moment to say hi - have a wonderful Sunday! I'm off to walk my dogs. :)

Don't forget to stop in to the Waltzingmouse Stamps store and check out Little Box Labels in its entirety. Very Vintage Lables No. 5 is also available for sale!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Little Box Labels, Very Vintage Christmas, Seasons of Love - Tags, Very Vintage Labels No. 1 - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Always Artichoke - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Always Artichoke, Rose Red - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Smoky Quartz glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; sewing machine

16 comments:

  1. ANother stunner Anya - I love how your mind works, such taste and perfect craftswomanship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it Anya! Those colours are so soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Aren't these new label outline stamps awesome? I just love how they add that special element.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Anya! I love the Herringbone stamp--this card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG,Anya! This set is on its way to me soon--I can't wait for it to arrive so I can play, with the hopes of creating something half as exciting as your example here. It truly jumped off the screen when I hopped over from Claire's blog.
    MY DH is off to play a bit of hockey tonight, so I can peruse the blogs UNinterrupted. I am SO glad I stopped here.
    Great Work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand why this is your favourite - STUNNING!! I love the colour combo and how you've cleverly created your background.
    Congrats on a Fabulush card.
    Hugs, Michey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful Anya! Love your color choices - and you are just SO clever in using that ribbon bg stamp this way! Way to go - out of the box!! The square framed sentiment with the holly looks just lovely against the bg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just TOTALLY ADOREABLE, Anya! I just love everything about your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, I really mean "adorable" -- too tired & too many things going on at once here -- LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anya, Your cards and projects using this set have been amazing. Love your use of color and your style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you have used the herringbone bg stamp! And wonderful color choices--I know I am going to love the set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done!!! Waltzing Mouse has been catching my eye everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute card! thanks for sharing! love the stripes. claire's stamps are awesome definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome job on the background! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!