Thursday, February 7, 2013

Play Date Cafe Challenge #168

Hi there and happy Thursday. I am here to bring you this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge! Our colors this week are definitely tending towards the lovey dovey!


Our colors for this week are cranberry, raspberry, and petal. Here is the card I created using these colors.


To start, I sketched a heart onto printer paper and cut it out. I used the negative as a mask, stamping the various arrows over it in this week's colors. I combined a few different sets to get this look. Isn't it fun?

Before I removed the mask (I used a bit of washi tape to hold it in place on my cardstock) I added a bit of Antique Linen Distress ink to help define the heart shape just a bit. The sentiment was a finishing touch.

Think you'd like to join us this week? You can link up your creation over at The Play Date Cafe Blog. You have through Tuesday, February 12th to play along.


You can also check out this week's prize from our sponsor, Avery Elle. They have some very cute stuff!

Before I head out, I wanted to ask you guys if any of you have had any experience with narrow angles or acute angle glaucoma? At a recent eye appointment, my optometrist diagnosed me with narrow angles, which basically means the iris of my eye covers the fluid drains from the eye. If this fluid cannot drain, pressure can build up in the eye suddenly and without warning and can lead to an acute type of glaucoma. The treatment is laser iridotomy, where the portion of the iris covering the drains is removed by laser.

Now that I have sufficiently grossed you out, has anyone had experience with this or any other type of laser eye surgery? I have an appointment to see the surgeon on Monday. It is outpatient and they only do one eye at a time. Eyes aren't something to mess around with, so I know I have to have it done, but does anyone have any good experiences or reassuring words for me?

Have a good day!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Sweethearts - WMS; Cupid's Arrow - Wplus9; Smitten, Trifecta - Mama Elephant
CARDSTOCK: Primrose Petals - SU!; Vintage Cream - PTI
INK: Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Regal Rose - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko

10 comments:

  1. I love this card so much Anya! All your arrows are perfect!!

    No advice on the gluacoma, sorry. Hope it get sorted quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Anya!!! The arrows are perfectly lined up!

    No advice on your eye situation but pray everything works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card - I think it would have scared me - almost done and "oops" - I would have stamped a crooked arrow.

    I am so sorry for your eye problems - you are right that you can't mess around with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute! I love all the arrows perfectly stamped in all the pretty colors - brilliant to add the distress ink to make it stand out more - it is so subtle and works perfectly. Sorry to hear about the glaucoma. No surgeries here - but my sis who is 46 just had cataract surgery. She said it was quick and painless and was seeing better the very next day. She worried for a month (understandably) - but said she wouldn't have if she had known better. I will keep you in my prayers Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! So impressed that you sketched and cut this heart...it looks so perfect! I also love the bit of distressing...subtle but beautiful touch!! good luck with your eyes. i hope the drs can resolve your issues quickly and painlessly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am smitten with this card! I completely adore masking especially when it's done so perfectly :) I don't have any experience with glaucoma but I'll be praying for your quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not had this surgery but as a nurse I know it is very safe, very simple and very few complications or side effects occur. One of the simplest eye surgeries! I hope it goes that way for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This card is absolutely adorable! I just love the sentiment "Smitten"!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!