Friday, February 22, 2013

Muse Challenge #5

Woohoo! TGIF!

Have you joined in the fun over at the Muse Card Club Challenge yet? You are missing out on a good time if you haven't!

Marion Vagg was this week's Muse. You can see her inspiring card here.

I was drawn to the geometric pattern of the background, the fresh color combination, and the way the sentiment had its own line in the design. This is what I created, using stamps from Mama Elephant:


Giving my version of clean, simple geometric a try. I started by masking off a portion of my oatmeal cardstock, then stamping the triangle border from Trifecta. Then I went in with a color combo inspired by Marion's and stamped a selection of triangles. When I was happy with the way that looked, I stamped my sentiment in the open space.

I'd love to hear your thoughts - not quite sure if I have the feel of this yet. What do you think? Love playing along with these Muse challenges, though!

Before I head out, I have been meaning to post the recipe for this White Chili I made the other night (for you, Kim!).


You can find the recipe here from Taste of Home. It is set up for a slow cooker, but I popped it all in a pot and let it cook for about half an hour - was perfect! This is a big favorite around here.. it was SO good, and it made lots of leftovers (which were also delicious!).  Enjoy!

Nice to see you here today!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Trifecta, Smitten - Mama Elephant
CARDSTOCK: Soft Stone - PTI; Tangerine Tango - SU!
INK: Going Gray, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi, Blush Blossom, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray - SU!

13 comments:

  1. Triangles are so much fun, love how you used them here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing ... precise and crisp ... and it makes me smile! Great sentiment! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the triangles here. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very original ! Love the triangles !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply perfect!!
    I love the triangles...
    the colors...
    perfect as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love triangle and your take on the Muse card!!! FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job with the masking!! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--wonderfully creative card--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those triangles! They are so trendy right now! Fabulous take on the Muse's card! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clean, simple and fab - I do like the sentiment too! Just love these triangle stamps (I got them last week, but not inked them yet!) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first time I'm joining the Muse fun. It's so inpiring to see how others are inspired. Love how you've put your own spin on Marion's card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's great Anya - love all your stamping. Must have taken ages for you to line it all up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!