Wednesday, February 13, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash #11

Howdy! We are rolling right on through the week, tomorrow is Valentine's Day.. the weekend is almost here.. it is good! Do you have any big plans? We are just going to spend a quiet weekend in. I enjoy cooking for Valentine's Day, so I am going to whip up a new recipe I found in this month's Food Network magazine. Conversation heart cookies are on tap for tonight, too... if you follow me on Instagram you will get a peek, I'm sure :)

Anyway... today I am sharing a little something for this week's 10 Minute Craft Dash. We're up to #11, and this time we have a theme challenge:


Here is my card, completed in 9 minutes and 26 seconds:


I gathered up the little heart stamps from each of the four different Pretty Patches sets that Wplus9 has (Apple, Christmas, Pumpkin, and Tree). Before I started my card, I lined all four of the hearts up on my acrylic block (is that cheating?) so that I could just repeat the stamping process. I used four different ink colors and just stamped the hearts across the front of my card, using the negative space between hearts and the grid lines on my acrylic block to line things up.

I added a glittered die cut word, completely inspired from this month's Cloud9 Hop (I'm looking at you, Erin). The 'You' sentiment to complete the phrase is from Cupid's Arrow. Not sure how I feel about that there, but that is the beauty of this challenge.

So there you have it - fun times! If you'd like to join the challenge, you still have a few days left. If you've never given the 10 Minute Craft Dash a try, you should!

Thank you for taking the time to stop in today, see you tomorrow :)


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Pretty Patches: Apple, Pretty Patches: Christmas, Pretty Patches: Pumpkin, Pretty Patches: Tree, Cupid's Arrow - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Kraft - Wplus9
INK: Poppy Parade, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink - SU!; White - Wplus9; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Seasonal Sentiments Die - Wplus9; Antique Silver Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Xyron Sticker Maker

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the repeated stamping! And the glittery "love" is so cute too
    Thanks for playing along at the 10 Min Craft Dash and join us again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! loe the diagonal hearts and the white edges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I surely do love this beauty. The fun hearts, the glittery die cut word- they all make for a lovely card, Anya!

    Thank you so very much for playing in this 10 Minute Craft Dash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome!! I think the 'you' fits perfectly, and that the black of it grounds your whole card. This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card. Love it..Thanks so much for playing along 10 min craft dash with us. We hope you join us again..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this card! What a fantastic way to use those little hearts....must dust mine off.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!