Friday, February 1, 2013

Muse Card Club Challenge #2

Happy Friday!

Today I am playing along with the Muse Card Club Challenge #2. This week's Muse is sweetheart Suzanne Dahlberg (who I LOVE), and I couldn't resist the chance to give a new challenge a shot. I like the way this one works - inspiration, encouragement.. you should check it out.

So here is the card that I made with the oodles of inspiration that Suzanne shared.


I was inspired by the die cut edge of the card - love how Suzanne put hers at the top. I also picked up on the strips of different patterns in the center of the card and the bold flowers.

I used the Ever After set from Wplus9 for my big, lovely flowers. I like the look of them layered on the dark patterned paper. The bottom edge was cut with the Edgers #1 die from PTI. I layered some patterned paper and added a sprinkle of rhinestones.

So I am super excited to share something with you (you're all going to think I'm nuts when you hear what it is). I have mentioned before how crazy I am for birds. Last year my husband bought me an owl box for Christmas, and once the weather warmed up in the spring, we hung it in a tree in our backyard. We had some starlings using it as a home base for a while, but that was it. Tuesday morning I looked outside and lo and behold, there was an OWL IN THE BOX! I called my husband and left this ridiculous voicemail message for him, I was so excited. The owl has been there every day since then - we usually only see him as it is getting dark and he's getting ready to leave for the night, so it isn't easy to photograph but Bill snapped a few the other day.




He's an Eastern Screech Owl and hopefully soon he'll come home with a girlfriend!

So glad to see you today. I so appreciate you taking the time to stop in. I hope your weekend is fabulous!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Ever After - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: Yours Truly - Echo Park Paper Co.
INK: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Sage Shadow - SU!; Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Rhinestones - Recollections; Edgers #1 Die - PTI

20 comments:

  1. Anya I love how you have your decorative edge cut at the bottom of your card. It's really beautiful! I'm so glad you joined us in this week's Muse challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the patterned papers together! And the flower arrangement is very elegant! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo's of your Owl and hope that you can share more pic's soon.

    Hugs yvon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love your edge and those beautiful flowers. I also loved the owl story, thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card!! The decorative edge is fabulous and flowers look great on the PP!! Oh, love your owl!! Don't blame you being excited!! We've never tried anything like that but, definitely have bird feeders, hummingbird feeders, bird baths at my house so I can imagine your excitement!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful, Anya! I so haven't used Ever After enough lately. It makes creating elegant cards so effortless! But I have to say that your precious, little owl totally steals the show! I want an owl box ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, how exciting about your owl! I hope he loves his new home, and maybe you'll be sharing baby owl stories soon. :)
    Your flowers and choice of papers on this card are incredible! Can you believe this is one of the WPlus9 sets I don't have yet? Beautifully done, Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Anya! The papers are wonderful and I love how you used two colors for your fabulous flowers! And, I would be so ecstatic if we had an owl in our yard. So I can just imagine how excited you were! I love seeing the reddish phase. He's adorable! Be sure to post any follow up pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little owl friend!! How lucky you are that he is atying there!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fabulous pictures of the owl! Wow! And I absolutely adore your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One...
    gorgeous card!!
    I think you complimented Suzanne (who I also happen to LOVE :) ) perfectly...
    it's stunningly gorgeous...
    but they always are! :)
    And two...
    lucky you!!
    I hope you're sharing baby pics someday in the future...
    but I can imagine the excitement you must felt when he took up residence in your backyard...
    he's handsome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! As always Anya! Thank you for all the inspiration! I may not always leave a comment...but you know I stalk your blog right? Heehee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness--I am so jealous--an owl in your backyard! I'm a bird lover, too. Our big excitement this year was a hawk sitting on the top of our Japanese Maple just 15 feet from the kitchen window. Your card is just wonderful--love those flowers & the printed papers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, a fellow bird watcher and card maker...I can sooooo relate. And this guy is magnificent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pictures of your owl friend are amazing! Thanks for sharing them, I would have been excited too! :)
    Your card is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ack! I love you too!!!! This card is so perfect and I just totally love the diecut edge along the bottom. And the paper and the flowers. The WHOLE shebang!

    Luck you for the owl!!! We hear them ALL the time, last night was the last time, but I've only ever seen one flying. We get all kinds of animals running through here...I would be as excited as you. Thanks for sharing the pics of the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. P.S. I found Wplus9 after this set came out, I think, BUT after Amy used it last week, I realized it's discontinued...but I found it on Splitcoast and now it's mine! Stampy victory! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anya,
    Oh how I envy you, I am 60 years old, just adore birds and encourage them into my garden all the time, but I have never seen or heard an owl. I live in Australia and they are fairly rare here. I can understand your excited call to your husband.
    PS Love your cards as well

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card - gorgeous colors!

    Congrats on your owl! That is really exciting. I like the idea of putting up an owl house - maybe I'll mention that to my husband.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!