Friday, February 8, 2013

Hello My Dear

Happy Friday!

Sounds like it is going to be a crazy weather day, especially for those of you in the New England area. Be safe!

I am once again playing along with the Muse Card Club. This week's Muse Challenge featured a fabulous card from Laurie Willison.

I loved Laurie's happy colors and the way the card elements were clustered towards the bottom. Here is the card that I made, inspired by Laurie's creation.


I am starting to find myself falling in love with yellow again, and I paired it with light purple and coral on this card. The background was stamped with the large houndstooth pattern from Heirloom Patterns. I cut the cardstock vertically and then stitched it back together. I layered some different elements - I had fun picking out what different things I wanted to add - and tucked in a strip of cardstock with a sentiment. I finished it off with some sequins, which are now making an appearance in papercrafting. I kind of like them.. I picked up a cheapo assortment of colors and sizes from the craft store, so I think I'll have fun peppering my cards with them.

I hope you have a fun weekend planned. Today is my husband's birthday, so I am looking forward to being obnoxiously lovey this weekend. Birthdays are meant to be celebrated! (I also just got a giant box of goodies from Wplus9, so I can't wait to dive into that!)

Take care, and thank you for stopping by!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Heirloom Patterns - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Flora & Fauna I - Wplus9; Gertie "Girly" Stamps - My Mind's Eye; Pretty Peonies - PTI
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9; Pale Plum - SU!
INK: So Saffron, Pale Plum, Calypso Coral - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Sewing Machine - Janome; Sequins - Darice


7 comments:

  1. There are those sequins!! I have been waiting for them to show up since I saw them on Instagram! Beautiful card...love the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color choices and that houndstooth background! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card,Very pretty,Love yellow also,have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Anya! I love how you split the card with the stitching! Just gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this soft, gentle look Anya! The stitching down the middle is beautiful. So glad you played along over at Muse this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifuul card Anya, I love soft pretty colours and your fabulous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!