Monday, February 27, 2012

WMS February Release - Day 2

Good morning, friends. I am back with day two of the countdown to the Waltzingmouse Stamps February Release. Nine new sets will be available for sale in the WMS webstore on Wednesday, February 29th.

Today we are sharing previews of two 'sequel' sets, follow-ups to popular sets previously released. The first set is a follow up to Nordic Winter called Nordic Spring!

This set features the same styling as that found in Nordic Winter, but with lovely spring motifs like flowers and birds. Here is my first card.

There is a beautiful butterfly in this set and I wanted to use it right away. I stamped it in Onyx Black Versafine ink and watercolored it with an aquapainter and ink pads. After it had dried, I added some Perfect Pearls to the wings and cut it out. The cane background is one of my favorites, from a set we'll peek tomorrow. I finished it off with a thank you sentiment from another new set. The border bit at the bottom of the card is another image included in Nordic Spring.

Isn't the detail on that so fantastic? And since it has the same styling as Nordic Winter, the spring images can easily be combined with some of those images as well.

My second card using Nordic Spring features a bird motif and a vertical row of hearts. For this card I stamped the birds twice and paper pieced them to add a little dimension and color.

I finished it off with a simple twine bow. I really like this card - you know me and birds!

The second set to be previewed today is a follow up to Victorian Frippery called Florentine Frippery.

This set is super elegant and ornate.

For this card, I heat embossed this square filigree frame image and using a craft knife, carefully cut out the center. The sentiment is from French Country, which we shared yesterday.

I used a pencil to lightly trace the outline of the frame so that I could stamp the sentiment on the card base. The frame piece was then adhered to the base with dimensional tape. While the cutting is not for the faint of heart, I think the results are quite pretty.

Last but not least is a fancy tag. As you can see, Florentine Frippery also contains a label that coordinates with Spellbinders Labels 25. Additionally, it has two square images that coordinate with Labels 24. It was one of these images that I used to stamp the border on the left. I just inked up one point of the square and stamped it repeatedly in a line, then trimmed them all out together. I thought it was a fun addition to my tag.

Here is a close up of the beautifully detailed label and the formal sentiment. So elegant!

That's what I have for today - tomorrow will be super exciting, so please be sure to stop back! Here are the links to the other Design Team ladies sharing previews today:


Have a great day!

Anya

------------
Recipe
Butterfly Thanks
STAMPS: Nordic Spring, Heirloom Patterns, Compact Sentiments (available February 29th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Fine Linen, Spring Moss, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
INK: River Rock, Pear Pizzazz, Really Rust, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Picot Edge Circles - Spellbinders; Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls - Ranger Industries; Aquapainter

Thanking You
STAMPS: Nordic Spring (available February 29th), Cameo to Go - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Kraft - Papertrey Ink
INK: Night of Navy, Regal Rose, Whisper White - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: Linen Twine - Stampin' Up!

Bonne Fete
STAMPS: Florentine Frippery, French Country (available February 29th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Detail Gold Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior; Craft Knife

Verily I Thank Thee
STAMPS: Florentine Frippery (available February 29th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Out of Print - Basic Grey
INK: Early Espresso, Buckaroo Blue - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: Ocean Princess Ribbon - MemrieMare; Doily - Wilton; Manilla tag - Stampers Anonymous; Vintage button

29 comments:

  1. Anya - these are so inspirational! I think the butterfly looks amazing, but I absolutely adore your Bonne Fete card - so, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all FABULOUS creations Anya!! The butterfly card is just stunning, it really catches your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all just gorgeous! I can't wait for Nordic Spring, love that first background and your cut-out frame is fab
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word these are fantastic creations....these new sets are looking the best yet!!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Anya, and I love the little tag! This Nordic spring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the cards... the BIRD one is my fav love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Awesome idea to use Perfect Pearls on that butterfly, such a gorgeous image. Your Frippery card knocked my socks off! That cut work is brilliant!! Love those sweet bluebirds on the krafty paper, tooo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4 wonderful designs, each with lovely techniques and stampings Anya! Love your background stampings - the lovely colored butterfly - that intricately cut out label, the sweet cut out birds on the kraft and the paint wash on the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are all absolutely STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous cards!! You must be a master of the exacto knife :) Loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, 4 totally beautiful projects Anya! The way you cut out the inside of the frame of the last card looks absolutely stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great preview Anya! Love that frippery embossed in gold - pure elegance!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Anya, love that Florentine Flippery coordinates with the spellbinder dies so gorgeously.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these are great, love the sweet birds with the twine and hearts the best. That would make an adorable wedding card too. Can't believe you used a craft knife to cut out that center. What a great job you did, mine would have been hacked to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Anya. Very pretty cards. Well done. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!!
    That butterfly is absolutely stunning perfection!!
    And LOVE that stamped background! ;)
    The sweetness of the birds...
    the elegance of that gold embossing...
    and the painstaking cutting...
    I'm in awe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are amazing samples, Anya! I love the Monarch look to the butterfly and your fussy cutting is supreme!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your samples are absolutely STUNNING! Love the coloring on the butterfly and that fantastic background. I'm really anxious to see tomorrow's release! Great CAS designs too but can't imagine doing all the intricate cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many beautiful cards in this post! I love the birdie card with Nordic Spring - just adorable! I am loving the elements you've shown off in the Frippery set.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anya, you always put on quite a show with your creativity. Each card is full of wonderfully creative details. Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SUPERB job at cutting out the center of the swirly frame! I never thing to color in an image with that pretty Nordic pattern but your butterfly looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anya,so lovely!! Your creativity is in overdrive girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous projects Anya! I especially love the elegant tag!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything is so very pretty! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooo! So many gorgeous, stampy creations! I don't know where to start! Brilliant work, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful designs, Anya! Your butterfly is just gorgeous! And I love the simplicity of the the "bird card". Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your cards are wonderful , I love the colors on the butterfly and the use of the doily on your last card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!