Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WMS February Release Blog Waltz

Hello there! Happy release day :) Before I go any further, I want to say a big thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your comments on yesterday's post. Your outpouring of support and encouragement for Green Room Designs and Heirloom Patterns was overwhelming. Big hugs to each of you! I can't wait to hear all about what you think of the set and please, please share your creations!

Ok!

Today the nine new Waltzingmouse Stamps sets we've been previewing for the past three days will be available for purchase.

You should have arrived here from Laurie's blog. Claire's blog is the start of the waltz, so head back to her if you're just popping in, she has a list of all the Design Team members participating. The super sweet and uber-talented Tosh will be your next stop.

As usual, Blog Waltz prizes are up for grabs! One winner will be randomly chosen from the comments left on one of the Design Team blogs, so let us know what you think of the new release! You have until Saturday, March 3 to leave your comments. Winners will be announced on the WMS Blog on the 4th.

That is plenty of chit chat. Today we're sharing previews of the final two sets: Very Vintage Labels No. 25 and Paris Nouveau.

As the name implies, Very Vintage Labels No. 25 coordinates with the Spellbinders Labels Twenty-five dies. This is a wonderful shape - I don't have the dies yet, but the labels are quite easy to cut out. For this card, I stamped one of the smaller label shapes repeatedly in different colors down a strip of white cardstock.

The sentiment was stamped in a different label of the same size and popped up with dimensional tape. Fun and easy!

Houndstooth found its way into this set, too, and is one of my favorite labels from the set! The 'ooh-la-la' is from Compact Sentiments, I selectively inked and stamped the words to separate them over my three little banners.

Just a fun card. The background of this was stamped with the large scale houndstooth from Heirloom Patterns.

Paris Nouveau is a beautifully illustrated set featuring art nouveau styling with a French flavor. This is another fab set containing images that coordinate with different die shapes as well as a few sentiments and a background builder.

This card uses the large label in the set. I stamped the label in brown and then used some of the other coordinating elements in the set to fill in the negative design around the edge. I also used the background image from the set.

I used a phrase from Say It Loud to add a sentiment to the label. I'm looking forward to trying this label out in some other colors.

And finally, some fun with the Eiffel Tower! I adore this image and am so glad it was included in the Paris Nouveau set. Lots of different patterns on this card - the base was stamped with a script from Text It and brushed with Perfect Pearls for some shimmer. The harlequin and houndstooth images from Heirloom Patterns were also used. For the diamonds, I stamped them first in light gray and then went over them in dark gray for a great drop shadow look.

The finishing touch for this card is the faux wax seal. This was done by layering embossing powder until it was thick and gooey (heat it then add more powder and repeat until you can see its nice and thick). Then just stamp right on it - this fleur-de-lis is from French Country. Fun, huh?

I don't want to hold you up any longer, and I'm so grateful you stopped by to see me today and listened to all my rambling! I hope you've been enjoying the previews over the past few days. I will be looking forward to seeing your creations popping up in the Gallery (and in the Big Cheese thread) soon!

Tosh is your next stop! Enjoy the rest of the waltz!

Anya

------------
Recipe
Greetings
STAMPS: Very Vintage Labels No. 25 (available February 29th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Groovy Guava, Night of Navy, Wild Wasabi - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
INK: Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Night of Navy, Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron, Regal Rose - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Ric Rac Border Die - Papertrey Ink; Sewing Machine

Ooh La La
STAMPS: Very Vintage Labels No. 25, Heirloom Patterns, Compact Sentiments (available February 29th), Bitty Banners - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Pink Pirouette - Stampin' Up!
PATTERNED PAPER: This & That - Echo Park Paper Co.
INK: Soft Sky, Pretty in Pink - Stampin' Up!; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: 1" Starburst punch - Martha Stewart Crafts; Sewing Machine; Buttons

Always and Forever
STAMPS: Paris Nouveau (available February 29th), Say It Loud - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Eggshell Seam Binding - Hug Snug; Flora & Fauna Decorative Pins - K&Company (thank you, Renee!); Sewing Machine

Merci
STAMPS: Paris Nouveau, Heirloom Patterns, French Country (available February 29th), Text It - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush - Papertrey Ink
INK: Going Gray, Pink Pirouette - Stampin' Up!; Slate, Pebble - Amuse|Studio; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Detail Silver Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior; Postage Stamp Dies - Spellbinders Paper Arts; Perfect Pearl Perfect Pearls - Ranger Industries

99 comments:

  1. I love the excitement building up!!!!! I love your projects and can't wait to see the sets they come from. Congrats again to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Anya, your stamps are amazing and how much fun you will now have creating stamps with your own vision. Love your Paris card and that Ooh, la la card is really cute. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love all the French bits and pieces, including the wonderful houndstooth pattern. Your Oo La La card is the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 wonderful cards Anya! love the modern look you created on the first two! and that 'sealing wax' fleur de lis is super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creations Anya, love them and huge congratulations once again you must be thrilled :O)

    Thanks for inspiration

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowee! Fabulous colours - Anya, these are ALL a treat for the eyes :). There's just so much detail to soak up! It must be so exciting to see your very first stamp line come into being!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the Ooh la la card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that is all I can say. Fabulous cards. thanks for sharing
    Charlene Dahlberg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great samoles, love your repeat stamping of the label shape and the splitting up of Ooh La La was inspired! Congrats on the stamp designing gig, too! Thanks for sharing all the samples for this release over the last few days - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DIVINE darling...simply amazing. What a creative way to use that label, and the way you have combined it with so many colors is so creative. The way you broke up the ooh-la-la is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anya, I really enjoyed the peeks each day - great job done by all the DT. Love your stamps and congrats on more stunning creations today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful! i love how creative all of the cards are!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love all these creations!! fabulous work and TFS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cards you made with these sets are just beautiful ... the labels are incredible and so versatile. Thank you for the faux wax seal tip ... I'll have to try that technique, which is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your houndstooth background on your blog and your creative cards!I do think the Oh-La-La card is my favorite! New to your product line and loving it!!!
    TFS
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful creations. Can't wait to get a few of these new stamps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of these are just wonderful Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely play with all the frames and dies, and I love that seal on the last card. Great job, and great new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job Anya. My favorite is the Always and Forever card. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. CAS, vintage, elegant - you've got it all! Love the first card with the rainbow labels, the Eiffel tower is super with the diamonds and houndstooth patterns, but for me the Labels 25 card is absolutely OUTSTANDING! Great work! Thanks for the Heirloom patterns - looking forward to future designs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very clever backgrounds and a wonderful use of the labels. These are just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great projects and those new stamps are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These cards have some STYLE, Anya! A totally unique look at the sets that I am so glad to have seen. How do you come up with this stuff? Heeee! LOVE the oh-la-la banners card and the awesome layered labels on the first! Totally modern and tres chic, since I am feeling very French today. Your Parisian cards are gorgeous, oh oh, and that embossed label is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are very innovative cards - I like your style. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the swirly, romantic Parisienne style and the sharp, graphic hounds tooth check is so crisp and stylish. Congratulations on your fabulous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the unique look of these cards. All of your cards for this release are delightful to see and have inspired me!
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  29. anya, i LOVE your ooh la la card! houndstooth print can be overwhelming but you used it very nicely, and your color choice is so bright and vibrant it makes me eyes feel happy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. So creative in your stamping!!! These cards are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. All of your cards are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooooh my, I love your creative use of these fantastic new stamps. It would be difficult to chose just one set!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Anya -- what fabulous cards! Love the repetition of the Labels 25 motif and your Parisian card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE your Eiffel Tower card, the colors are just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great cards.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love all of the projects you did using the labels stamp. I really enjoyed reading your process as well. I am going to have to try your faux wax impression, that is really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. FABULOUS cards Anya!! and a BIG CONGRATS on your line of stamps!! How EXCITING!!!
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. love that background diamond layers on the last card - great creations and best of luck with Green Room Designs - the first set is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great ides for lovely stamps - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  40. My fav card is the ooh la la - it is just such fun. The houndstooth label 25 is lovely - you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very pretty cards Anya! I am smitten! Great way to mix colors and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your Ooh La La and Merci cards. The pink and black really pops! I wasn't really planning to get the French Nouveau set, but now...Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  43. My favourite is Very Vintage Labels No. 25 along with the Parisian labels. Thanks for sharing your processes in making the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love your card with the Always sentiment! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Cool design with the vintage labels~unique idea on that first card. Best wishes for a great future with the green room designs.

    ReplyDelete
  46. OMG!!!
    I just died!
    These are all so fabulous...
    there's not enough adjectives to describe them all!
    Each and every one...
    I just LOVE!!
    My jaw totally dropped with the Eiffel Tower card...
    so brilliant against the postage stamp...
    and that seal...
    I die!!
    Anya...
    a huge Congratulations...
    I can't wait to see what your genius, creative mind has in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, these cards are amazing...I love the ooh la la card especially....it is amazing....:)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Ohh la la wonderful cards--can't wait to see more of your ideas and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  49. My favorite has to be your ooh la la card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  50. What creative uses of these stamps! Your cards are so lovely...I love your bold style! I really appreciate all your techniques that add texture and interest on your cards. I'm always looking for more ways to do that. Your faux sealing wax is wonderful! TYFS! Blessings! Patty W.

    ReplyDelete
  51. SO many wonderful cards - totally knocked it out of the park! Love the fun effect of the labels stamped over each other and the Eiffel Tower and postage stamp... neat! And love how you split the oh la la up to 3 parts!

    ReplyDelete
  52. You have such an innovative way of looking at stamps and then coming up with a design that is so out of the box! WOW - so retro and so funky.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Such variety here, your talents are many.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I adore you ouh la la and always and forever the best. Beautiful color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Ooh,la,la is right! Your cards are so lovely! The black and pink really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  56. What fab cards - particularly like the Ooh la la card. Great way to use Houndstooth.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Beautiful cards!!! Your 2nd one is amazing with the triple labels and the fabby houndstooth and the pink and black (my all time favorite color combo!!), your 3rd card is so elegantly beautiful, and the 4th card is so delicate and wonderful with the pink and grey!! You knocked it out of the park!! Beautiful, beautiful art!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wonderful cards!! Congratulations for your designs, they are really great!

    Mary Poutou
    PoutouM@piraeusbank.gr

    ReplyDelete
  59. Anya your cards today are so fun and beautiful. Love the Ooh La La card, so fun. I think the Merci card is so beautiful and then the stamped Fleur d leaf is a great topper on it. The one card I think is the most interesting is the one of the "Always and Forever". I love the card, but especially love the colors you used and the beautiful Label the way you colored it and all. I think your right, will be interesting to see that label colored and finished on the edges as you did in different colors. Will be fun to play with. Thanks for all your contributions this release and congratulations again on your own line of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Ohh La La indeed! Fabulous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love all your cards, I ADORE the designs you made and they found their way into my baskets last night, can't wait to play with them, thanks for the wonderful inspiration
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  62. Incredible amount of technique on your gorgeous cards...just amazing! Absolutely love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wonderful cards! You have really been busy. What a wonderful idea to make your own faux wax seals with embossingpowder. I must really try that.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Your cards are always so stuning and your attention to detail is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Love your cards they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Bin schon ganz aufgeregt ..hoffe,dass die Stempel sehr schnell kommen. Kann es kaum erwarten. Die Karten gefallen mir so sehr und die Farbspiele einfach genial. Weiter freue ich mich auf ihre Werke.

    Liebe Grüße Moni

    ReplyDelete
  67. Oooooooh you've been busy! I love the use of the leaf spray background stamp on the brown & green card and the last one is such a pretty feminine card. Nice touch with the deep embossed "seal".

    Lynn Wild

    ReplyDelete
  68. The Paris Nouveau stamp set is definately a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Beautiful creations, Anya! I absolutely adore the Ooh La La card. And your faux wax seal is very very cool. I also love the shadow effect on the stamped harlequin pattern on that card. Will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Anya WOW!!! Look at all the comments! Well you know I got mine! I only wish you could autograph them for me and then I can tell everyone I knew you when... :) So happy and proud of you! You know I wish you always only the best!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Great cards. Loving that Heirloom Patterns set. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  72. These are gorgeous Anya - but your Oh-la-la card really is a toe curler - WOWZERS it's fabulous I love the soft floralpaper combined with the houndstooth in both sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great cards- I like the way you used the label stamp to create your own pattern to the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Mercy Anya! These are all divine! You have quite the eye for layout and I love everything you are sharing today!! Congrats again on your wonderful set you and wishing you an abundance of success!Q

    ReplyDelete
  75. I am so in love with these sets! TFS and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love your new set! Congratulations! Your samples are beautiful - making my wishlist right now.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Fabulous cards - I love all the new houndstooth stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  78. These are all nice but i especially love the Merci card with it's soft colours and the faux wax seal.

    ReplyDelete
  79. The use of labels is so clever. Love the ideas & the embellments you used. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  80. What an amazing array of projects that feature this wonderful new WMS release. Fabulous use of the new matching Spellbinders label stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Your cards are simply gorgeous! I love each of them, very creative idea with the first card. A technique I had not seen before, so thanks for sharing. All of your cards are just amazing. I will definitely be picking up some of these stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  82. Love the harlequin look! Great set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Gorgeous cards! Love the way you used the label on the 1st card!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Anya, all of your cards are so charming. I just love the new stamps and the cotton lace. You have such an inspiring Dt. All the samples are so beautiful. How unique to stamp the label stamp several times. I never thought of that! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  85. What unique cards! I especially love the Merci card.... great job.

    ReplyDelete
  86. What fun projects; I especially liked the "fake" wax stamp on your last card. Great job; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  87. You are definitely getting the most use out of the stamps. I love how you've combined them. I love DTs; they help me see what I cannot. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  88. I love love love your Always and forever card, paris nouveau is top of my wanted list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Gorgeous cards, loved the shadow effect stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  90. Pretty cards! Nice color combos!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  91. That Eiffel Tower card is so elegant. Thanks for sharing the cool technique for the faux wax seal! Awesome. (and congrats on the new designs - they are lovely)

    ReplyDelete
  92. Wonderful group of cards! Thank you so much for sharing the faux wax seal idea - I LOVE it and will definitely be giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Beautiful background stamps and I love how you stamped the diamonds in two gray tones. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Anya, you are SO clever! I am always amazed at how you use Claire's stamps! The backgrounds, colors, and embellishments are all perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  95. I was wondering where the small medallions behind the buttons came from - Please let me know if you can recall. I think they are so cute :) Thanks, Mandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandi - that is a punch from Martha Stewart Crafts. Its the 1" Starburst. Glad you like it

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!