Thursday, November 3, 2011

WMS November SOAP - Day 3

Good morning!

Thank you for joining me here for Day 3 of the November SOAP for Waltzingmouse Stamps. In case you're just dropping by, non-release months at Waltzingmouse Stamps are a time for us to take another look at previously released sets and share some inspiration, now that your orders have probably arrived! This month we are using any of the WMS Christmas sets to help you get a jump start on the holidays.

The card I would like to share with you today was made using Nordic Winter. I've seen a lot of these particular patterns in the colors red, blue, and gray and wanted to create my own interpretation for this card.

I have really been loving using different cardstock strips for my card fronts lately. Fun to combine different patterns and widths. I will never get tired of using this set.

Today I also have a home decor project to share with you. I love to make these, but always struggle with photographing them. Bill helped me this time and did a fantastic job, but I wish you could see how this project looks in real life.

Using 2011 Holiday Ornaments and last year's Vintage Ornaments, I created a holiday garland.

I alternated ornaments from each set (die cut with their coordinating dies) and stuck with a traditional color combination of red, green, and tan.

The Vintage Ornaments were embellished with a little paper rosette. Recently I picked up Martha's Scoring Board and used it here to create my own mini rosettes. Each of the ornaments were finished off with a healthy dose of glitter and strung together on a length of baker's twine.

I really love how this turned out and the length was perfect to go across my fireplace mantle.

I hope you enjoyed my projects for today, here is the list of the other Design Team members sharing inspiration!

See you tomorrow!

Anya

Recipe
Nordic Merry Christmas Card
STAMPS: Nordic Winter - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Night of Navy, Going Gray - Stampin' Up!; Rustic Cream, Fine Linen - Papertrey Ink
INK: Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!; Slate - Amuse|Studio
OTHER: Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers; Rustic Cream Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; Red Button

Holiday Ornament Garland
STAMPS: 2011 Holiday Ornaments, Vintage Ornaments, Candy Jar Christmas Fillers - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: For the Record Collection - Echo Park Paper Co.
INK: Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter - Stampin' Up!; 2010, 2011 Heirloom Ornament Dies - Spellbinders Paper Arts; Baker's Twine - Martha Stewart Crafts

15 comments:

  1. Lovely banner, Anya. If you'd like to donate it or one like it, to the special needs, medically-fragile children at the group home where I work, we'd love to have it! Please see details this weekend at the "Christmas is for Kids Banner Hop", Nov 5-6, which starts at my blog listed below. Thank you.

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors on your Nordic card Anya - and I like how you stamped on an angle. Your ornament banner is so pretty - Love each one of the ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That banner is beautiful! I should tackle one of those for our house this year. And new photo! (Has it been up there a while?). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still waiting on my stamps...
    and I'm almost in tears looking at all these gorgeously creative ideas:(
    These are stunning...
    love that Nordic Winter...
    I'm dying for it!!
    And you used it so perfectly!
    And the garland...
    stunning!
    Love how you've used the different sets with it.
    And I need instructions on the rosettes...
    I've tried but they never turn out right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card with the pattern of the Nordic Winter set, I like the colours and the way you stamped the pattern.
    And the holiday garland is just gorgeous, I really love it.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  6. These projects, Anya, are incredible. The Nordic Winter makes such wonderful cards and I love the way you have combined the images along with the colors that look amazing. Your adorable banner is such a great piece of home decor - filling your mantle with the warmth and a homey feeling that IS the feeling of Christmas. Well done, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Nordic Winter card--stamping on the diagonal gives a whole new look--and I love the colors! The banner is just awesome and looks so pretty hanging from your mantel. What a great addition to your Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just received my Nordic stamps, having wrested them from the clutches of the customs agent holding them for ransom.. er..duty and taxes . So feel inspired by your card to try the strip layers. And the swag banner - oh my! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoyed your card and lovely ornament banner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cozy looking Nordic Winter card Anya and your banner is fabulous! The ornaments and fan fold embellishments make a perfect pair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I comment here enough! I love your work and this banner is the perfect idea for the upcoming season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anya - love the Nordic Winter card - great colours and I do like the angle on the backing stamps! Your mantle garland is so pretty! I think I might be inspired to make one for my mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the simplicity of the garland - the colors and the embelliies - it looks darling with the backdrop of your mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nordic Winter looks awfully familiar ;). Oooo! And I LOVE that banner to pieces! Just perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!