Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Country Cardinals

Hi there! Today is a Serendipity Stamps DT challenge day, and today we were challenged to create a country themed card and to combine the technique of watercoloring.

I went for a homespun, cozy look using the Cardinals image.

I watercolored my image using Stampin' Up! inks and an Aqua Painter. After the image dried, I inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink and stitched it to a postage stamp die cut from Spellbinders. Once it was all assembled, I added some glue to the snow area and covered it with glitter.

The patterned paper is the Nordic Holiday collection from Basic Grey, and I thought it lent itself well to the country theme.

I love this cute pair. Cardinals in the snow are one of my favorite sights. Thanks for stopping by today. Please be sure to visit the other Design Team members playing along today to see their take on this challenge!



Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Cardinals (952E) - Serendipity Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Nordic Holiday - Basic Grey
INK: Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko; Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Peach Parfait, Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Classic Squares Large, Postage Stamps - Spellbinders Paper Arts; Silk ribbon - May Arts; Crystal Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Aqua Painter; Sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love the papers you have used. I also am very fond of Cardinals. The cardinal is our state bird and I am an avid bird feeder which allows me to watch a lot from my craft window. You live in a very beautiful city. I am now subscribing to your blog so I won't miss a thing!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! You did a lovely job with the water coloring. We've had a cardinal pair that have been a regular at our feeder for the past several years. Not sure if they are the same ones but they are always there. I've always loved the vibrant male coloring, but I find I love the female coloring even more. It's such a rich shade of reddish brown.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the soft water color effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya, so beautiful! Love the image and your use of the postage stamp punch and the papers you chose for the background are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your combo of image and DSP! Such a great watercolor job too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!