Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Red and Rustic

Morning!

How are things in your neck of the woods? We had a good 25 degree temperature drop from yesterday, so today is chilly, chilly! Time to break out my little foot warmer again!

While we're on the subject of warming up, here is a cozy holiday card I have to share.

I was inspired to create this card after seeing this week's Tuesday Trigger on the Moxie Fab World Blog.

I approached this challenge like I do the CASE Study ones: take a quick look at the inspiration photo and jot down a few of the things that stand out to me. For this picture, I picked up on stripes, the red/kraft/chocolate color combo, and the fancy woodwork on the door.

After pulling together my strips of paper, combining plain with some patterned - I added a row of doilies punched from kraft cardstock (Martha's Vintage Doily punch). I like how these sort of reminded me of the fancy bits on the door (is that a stretch? ;). The sentiment is from the Wplus9 set Winter Wishes.

Cute and easy, no? So how are your holiday cards coming? I haven't decided whether I am going to sit down and crank out a dozen or so copies of the same design or whether I am going to see how many cards I have in my collection so far and send them out. What do you do?

Thank you for stopping by, I hope your day is fantastic!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Winter Wishes - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up!
PATTERNED PAPER: Season's Greetings Collection - Echo Park
INK: Chocolate Chip - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Vintage Doily Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts; Pinking Shears Border Die - Papertrey Ink

6 comments:

  1. What a great card. It does seem warm, cozy and rustic, but modern at the same time. Is that possible? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, I think you nailed this! I've had that photo rattling around in my head for a week and am still drawing a blank. I think you picked up on all the key elements - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya this is gorgeous! I LOVE the design you created here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely perfectly red and rustic! LOVE all those vertical elements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully bold! I love the way you've used these colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anya! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!