Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

I hope you are having a day full of blessings and thanks. Here at my house, the turkey is in the oven, the pies are cooling, and the table is set. I found myself with some quiet time this afternoon and put the finishing touches on some place cards for the Thanksgiving table. There are only six of us for dinner tonight, so I didn't really want to create seating assignments. Instead, I used the Wplus9 set Season of Thanks to create simple greetings for our family table.

I stamped and cut out a selection of leaves and pumpkins from the set as well as the cutest little acorns. I stamped the greeting onto my place card, and then framed it with a piece of cardstock cut with an oval die. To this I added my little accents and called it done! I made two each of three different designs. I did a little masking to allow the sentiments to fit within the oval frame, just used a post-it note to cover up the part I didn't want. It is so nice to be able to do this - gets even more mileage out of the stamps.

One of the many things I am thankful for is you! Thank you for taking time to visit with me a little today. I hope your day is filled with thankful thoughts and turkey!

Big hugs!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Season of Thanks - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream, Fine Linen - Papertrey Ink
INK: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Dusty Durango, More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: Petite Oval Small Nestabilities - Spellbinders Paper Arts

6 comments:

  1. These are lovely, Anya... I like how you made them greetings instead of names... I might borrow this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Anya! You do the most wonderful things with stamps!!! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely place cards Anya! I love he oval framings you created and the pretty cut out stampings! We had 6 at our house today too - a nice size - now I'm on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing Anya! Seriously clean and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really beautiful, Anya. What a nice touch for your table! Hope you had a lovely day. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They may be simple, but they are absolutely perfect! Congrats on your feature over at the Wplus9 Design Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!