Sunday, November 6, 2011

Magical Day

Hi-ya friends!

How is your weekend going? We spent some time this afternoon cleaning up our outside patio in preparation for winter. A little sad to put my beloved patio swing to bed, but it was a project we've been meaning to complete, and luckily we had nice weather to do it.

Before I share my card with you today, I want to first say thank you for taking the time to stop and visit me, as well as leave such sweet comments, during the Waltzingmouse SOAP. It means so much to me that you share your feedback!

For Day 1 of the SOAP, I shared a matchbox gift box for packaging holiday treats. Many of you asked for the pattern, and I am happy to say it is ready!

Here is a link to the pattern and instructions for the box. Please note this is not a template and is not scaled to print directly onto your cardstock. It is just a visual to help you make the box, which is super easy, by the way!

Also, here is a link to the Pretzel Shortbread Recipe that I used. I drizzled chocolate on top when I was done to make them extra yummy! If you have any problems or questions, please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email. Please be sure to let me know if you make a box yourself - I'd love to see them!

Ok! On to my card for today. This is my creation for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge. Here is the lovely color story.

This month at Wplus9, Dawn is focusing on some behind-the-scenes stuff instead of releasing new stamps, and I for one, was pretty excited about that! It allowed me to choose some things from my wish list that I have been eyeing for a while. My goodies arrived Friday and I sat down to create.

Isn't that peacock just beautiful? You'll find that image along with the sentiment and background stamp in the Magical Moments set. I'm really pleased with this one, which will be sent off to one of my girlies for her birthday later this month.

Glad to see you here today, later gators!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Magical Moments, Mehndi Medallions - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Going Gray, Barely Banana - Stampin' Up!; Soft Stone - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Hazel "Mother" Meadow (Stella & Rose) - My Mind's Eye
INK: Slate, Lemon Whip - Amuse|Studio
OTHER: Light Pink Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Buttercream Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Mother of Pearl Button; Sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Hi Anya-cards a beauty!! That sets been on my wish list too....just got bumped up!!
    But I wanted to tell you how great your new blog pic is... You look great, and so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely and soft! What a pretty bird stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! (as always) I so admire your talent and eye for design. I love your new "profile" picture - you look absolutely radiant! Thanks so much for always joining us in the Play Date Cafe - we love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant card, I love that stamp! I also love how you've done the lovely detail on the border, so pretty. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Anya! I adore the elegance you've tied into this beauty! What a great take on the color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!