Thursday, October 22, 2009

Vintage Ornaments

Hello friends, I hope your day is going well.

Today's card is another challenge combo - Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge and the Embellish the Cure Color Challenge. Mix those two, and here's what I made:


I started with a base of Smokey Shadow and then added a layer of Sweet Blush that had been stamped with the next Background Basics: Text Style II. I trimmed an oval that had been cut with the Petite Oval Nestabilities and then added the ornaments. The plain ornaments and decorative patterns are all from Vintage Ornaments. The long ornament with the frosty glaze is my favorite. I added some rhinestone and glitter for the bling. The Happy Holidays sentiment is from Vintage Ornaments as well.. the font is fun and funky.. the stamp was curved on the block. The finishing touch was some silver elastic cord to hang my ornaments. I hope you like it!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Vintage Ornaments, Background Basics: Text Style II - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush, White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Tourmaline glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Petite Oval Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Silver elastic cord - SU!; gray rhinestones

13 comments:

  1. It's fab Anya - I love your ornaments and the text background, the pink sparkles are just brill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got your order--I'm still waiting. Those ornaments are beautiful! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card Anya!!! I just got this set.. and cant wait to INK it!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and I really like the soft colors you used. Not your typical red/green color combo and you pulled it off with style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love the cord--the ornaments look so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty, anya...love the sparkle on those ornaments! so clean and gorgeous!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a wonderful job!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card with those great stamps!! Love your blog header too...so cool and colorful! :)
    http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Anya! Way to rock out the funky ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love that stamp set and that cord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards!!! The ornaments look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for participating in the challenge! Think Pink!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!