Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another Trick or Treat

Hello my dear friends! The inspiration for today's card hit me when I was putting out my Halloween decorations this past weekend. I have a grapevine wreath that is covered with tin bats. They are different patterns, and one is orange with black plaid. I had a bit of a lightbulb moment when looking at it.. I always seem to stamp my plaid pattern in colors and thought it was certainly time to try it in black!

I based my card on this week's Crazy 4 Challenges sketch challenge:


And my card:


I am in love... I apologize if you're tired of the plaid designs - at least I am showing you just how versatile it is, huh? The card is pretty straightforward.. my favorite stamps from Halloween Party and Off Beat Backgrounds. The bats are a Martha Stewart punch, punched from black cardstock and then covered with Onyx glitter. I also added glitter to witchy's spell, her cauldron, and the brad.

Before I head off, I want to take a moment to thank you all for your visits, your kind words, and your support. It means so much to me to hear from you all and know you're there! On that thought, I hope your evening is wonderful!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Halloween Party, Off Beat Backgrounds - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Dusty Durango - SU!
Ink: True Black - Papertrey Ink; Black Soot Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Classic Circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Bat punch, Onyx glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Black brad

10 comments:

  1. Jaw dropping impact here Anya!! absolutely LOVE the plaid and Winnifred just looks terrific on grey!!! a Stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Love the silhouette image and the contrast of orange and black. Very dramatic and exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the plaid and the witch is great! I love all the glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange plaid--love it! Great design--really like how just a minimum of colors came out and the black glitter adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fabulous Anya!!! I'm not tired of the plaids so keep 'em comin'!!!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh ho - love your plaid Anya! I have GOT to play with this set more - I also love the sparks coming off of witchy's wand as well as the bubbling pot!! super design on this great Halloween card GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh- love the black ink for plaid! This card is specatular--I love that witch and her bubbling cauldron!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this card has some great depth to it! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!