Thursday, October 8, 2009

Scary Sweets & Spooky Treats

A few weeks ago when I made my Spooky Swag and all the supplies I used were piled on my desk, this card came to life.


Other than the limitations for mailing, why not use fake spider webs to decorate your cards, too? I thought this would be really fun as a place setting. Or a treat for the kids set on their bedside table. Or delivered to a friend in a spooky basket - I think you get the point!

I stamped the stone pattern from Halloween Party repeatedly onto the card and then stamped the circle of text. I used a classic circle nestability to cut the center out of the circle. The inside of the card has a trail of spiders that peek through the hole.


Then I just took some spider webs and wrapped them around the card. You know how the spider webs go.. they are super stretchy and stick to everything, so just a little went a long way. Then I thought I needed some scary sweets and spooky treats to go along with it.


The little pail is from the dollar bin at Target. Now that I have actually used something from the dollar bin for a project, there is no talking myself out of goodies from there. I filled a cellophane bag with Brach's Autumn Mix and tied it shut with twine and ribbon. The tag was created with the same stamps and circle dies. There are two holes (hidden by the spider) that the twine threads through and wraps around the pail. I chose to keep with the spider theme, but there are so many stamps in this set that you could use for the center! I love it! These are perfect gifts - quick and easy. Now if I can just keep the candy away from my husband, we'll be all set...

Hope you have a great night!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Halloween Party - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Green Galore - SU!; White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Going Gray - SU!; True Black - Papertrey Ink
Other: Classic and Pinking Circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Linen thread - SU!; True Black Swiss Dot Satin - Papertrey Ink; Dollar bin pail, Fake spider webs - Target

12 comments:

  1. Very FUN!! Love your spooky card and treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a fun idea to decorate the card with the spider webs! I love the cut-out circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya this is DARLING!! LOVE the idea of spider web.. I have an extra package here now!! hmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are full of great ideas. That's why enjoy visiting your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes Anya! I LOVE the spider web wrapped around the card! how cle-vah!!! The window into the inside bats is super and that treat filled pail is so fun! I have trouble keeping away from the 'crafting' treats myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the web wrapping! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some awesome treats. How many do you make? I can't imagine making 50 treat containers like that, but need to get working on something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look great. Oooo I think I have one of those little buckets from Target. Off to look. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that spider web!!!, brilliant idea Anya!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so so cute! I love the spider web idea and that CUTE basket!!! Great halloween treats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!