Friday, March 15, 2013

You are the Best - MMB #5

Howdy friends.

So glad its Friday - how about you? I have been so cold this week, I just can't get warm. Even at night I keep waking up feeling like I am freezing. I hope I'm not coming down with anything. Anyway! Last night I sat down for a little crafty time.


This is the inspiration picture for this week's Monday Mood Board challenge. What stood out for me right away was the patterned heart and the patterned paper with the little clusters of red flowers. I let those ideas mix around a bit and here is what I came up with:


I die cut a heart from a post it note and stuck it down over my square of Oatmeal cardstock. The little flower cluster is from the Very Vintage Florals set. I inked the flowers up with one color ink and the leaves with another. I wasn't worried about being too perfect, and it was easy enough to keep them separate. The little dots are from the Spring Tags set. I live for this - searching through the stamp sets to find which little tiny image will be perfect for the design I am working on. It is fun to experiment with these little accent images.

Anyway, I stamped all that with the post-it note heart mask on, doing my best to stamp around the edges to help define the heart shape. Once that part was done, I added a sentiment (from Written on Ribbon) and a threaded button.

A pinked navy square grounds the design, and the little clothespin adds just the perfect accent.

Before I head out, I wanted to remind you that the Waltzingmouse Blog Party is on Sunday the 17th. We'd love for you to join us! The theme this month is LUCK, and even though it is St. Patrick's Day you can create any type of card with a luck theme. If you want to go the St. Patrick's Day route, Claire has a few free images you can use. So now you have no excuse for not joining us! :)

Take care!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Very Vintage Florals, Spring Tags, Written on Ribbon - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9; Night of Navy - SU!
INK: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Night of Navy - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; White - Wplus9
OTHER: Heart Nestabilities - Spellbinders Paper Arts; Pinking Blade - Fiskars; Red button; Clothespin

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card - have to try this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really just so lovely! I love everything about it, but the heart especially is just sweet as can be.

    Funny, I've been telling my husband all week, that I'm freezing. He just tells me to put on more layers. LOL There seems to be a chill that has set in in the house, even as I turn up the thermostat. Maybe because it's damp and windy outside - you've probably got similar weather in Pittsburgh to what we have in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card,Very pretty heart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty Anya!! on my way upstairs to work on smething :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet Anya~love the patterned heart! I live a little north of you~it IS so cold,I agree! I carry around a heated thingy I bought at Amazon. Happy Company makes the BEST...but they don't have anything in stock last I saw, so this one I have is from Dream Time. It lasts about 45 min~it makes crafting in the den bearable. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!