Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Waltzingmouse March Release Day 2

ETA: Hi there! This is my second post of the day. To see this week's Serendipity Stamps Challenge, please scroll down or click here!

Hi there!

Welcome to Day 2 of the previews for the March Release at Waltzingmouse Stamps.

For the next two days we will be sharing previews of the three new sets that will be available for purchase on March 8. If you missed Day 1 yesterday, scroll down or click here! Today we're previewing a gorgeous mini set called Folk Art Labels No. 25.

For my first card, I used one of the small coordinating images in the set to create a background.


I started by masking off the outside edges of a piece of Kraft cardstock. Then I stamped the teardrop image repeatedly in different colors to create a little pattern. Then I stitched around the edge of the stamping with gold metallic thread. While I love the look, this was so tedious! The thread is very brittle and patience was a virtue.

Some other gold accents, including vellum die-cut feathers slathered in Perfect Pearls, completes the look.

My second card features the centerpiece of the Folk Art Labels No. 25 set, the large label (which of course coordinates with Spellbinders' Labels 25).

I thought this image looked so much like stained glass, I set out to achieve that look with my card. I started by stamping the label onto vellum and heat embossing it with black embossing powder.


Then I went back and colored the image with Copic markers. Copics on vellum are really interesting - you don't get quite the same smooth blending as you do with regular cardstock. The color almost pools, which in my opinion, helped to give this the stained glass look I was going for.

I wanted some light to be able to shine through, so I cut a window out of a square of black cardstock and my cardbase using the coordinating Labels 25 die. I sandwiched the vellum between the two pieces of black cardstock, so that the image was illuminated from both sides.


I am so pleased with the results!

We will be sharing previews through Thursday and the sets will be available for purchase on Friday, so be sure to stop by tomorrow to see more of the March release. Here are the rest of the Design Team links for today. Enjoy!

Anya Schrier - you are here!

So glad you stopped by! Have a super day!


------------
Recipe
Gilded Feather Card
STAMPS: Folk Art Labels No. 25 (available March 8) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Rich Razzleberry, Vellum - SU!; Kraft - Wplus9
INK: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Cool Caribbean - SU!; White - Wplus9
OTHER: Feathers Die - Lifestyle Crafts; Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls - Ranger Industries; Doily - Wilton; Metallic Gold Thread

Stained Glass Birthday
STAMPS: Folk Art Labels No. 25 (available March 8) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Vellum - SU!; Black - Wplus9
OTHER: Labels 25 - Spellbinders Paper Arts; Copic Markers - Imagination International; Detail Black Embossing Powder

21 comments:

  1. So pretty Anya, such a beautiful frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards,Very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Anya! I love how the embossed label looks colored that way...and your feathers are AMAZING and so authentic!! Can't believe they were made with vellum and Perfect Pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background you created for your cute vellum feathers Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are stunning and I really love how you created the background on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, both cards are stunning, but that background on the first one is AMAZING. love the choice of colours and that gold thread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that element stamped in all the colors to create a gorgeous background...
    but I die over the vellum and the look the Copics give that label...
    like stained glass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAYYYY! I've been anticipating that pretty background on the first one - It's stamping envy - everything lined up perfectly in such pretty colors! The stitching really sets it off even more - beautiful Anya! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pretty folk art border on the card- you're right, it really does look like stained glass! Love the background you created on the first card too. BTW it was worth doing the gold stitching, looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful cards, Anya, and I love that colorful background you created for the first one! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the background and the colors you created on your first card: Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so in love with that beautiful background on your first card, great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! Love the stamped panel on the first card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first card is stunning with those fabulous colors Anya! What a creative background. And your second is just super charming and beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Each of these are LOVELY Anya! I love the stamped background~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anna, this is precious! I love how you used the tear drop. On your second card, wonderful use of the negative!! Love how your colored image just pops through!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet cards, especially like the 2nd one. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are fantastic & I agree the second reminds me of stained glass!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you took one element of the set and created a project.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome cards but really love the black one. What a creative idea that I will definitely use.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!