Friday, March 8, 2013

WMS March Release Blog Waltz

Hello there and happy Friday!

Welcome to the Waltzingmouse Stamps March Release Blog Waltz. Today, the three new Waltzingmouse stamp sets we've been previewing for the past few days will be available for purchase in the Waltzingmouse Stamps store.

You should have arrived here from the incredibly talented and super sweet Sarah Martina's blog. The waltz starts over on Claire's blog, so be sure to head there if you're just popping in.

As usual, Blog Waltz prizes are up for grabs! One winner will be randomly chosen from the comments left on one of the Design Team blogs, so let us know what you think of the new release! You have until 6:59 AM EST on Monday, March 11th to leave your comments. The winner will be announced on the WMS Blog on the 13th.

I have two more cards to share with you today. The first is a simple one, using some of the floral images from Folk Art Medallions.


The flowers are built from a few different images, stamped in shades of coral. I fussy cut them as well as a few leaves. I wanted to keep the rest simple, so I layered the flowers onto a strip of cream cardstock stamped with the sentiment and then a gray embossed panel. I love gray, and I particularly love it combined with coral.

My second card today again uses some of the same images as the navy card I shared yesterday. I adore the gorgeous medallion in the set, but this tile pattern is really what does it for me. It is just so fabulous, I have only scratched the surface of possibilities. Here is a fun springy version for you today:


Instead of using all the different fillers for this square frame, I put some chicks (from A Good Egg) in there! It is cute and pastel and very spring :) I could think of a million other little doodads from other WMS sets that would look fabulous in this pattern, too. I love that!

So that is all for me today - you still have a little waltzing to do - so I won't keep you any longer. Next stop on the waltz is Chupa, who will no doubt have created something awesome! I have only peeked at the rest of the DT blogs over the past few days and I am SO looking forward to the weekend, curled up on the couch with my laptop checking out what everyone else has made!

Thank you so much for your visits and kind words over the past few days. It means so much to me that you stop by and share your thoughts. Take care!


------------
Recipe
With Love
STAMPS: Folk Art Medallion - WMS
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream - PTI; Going Gray - SU!
INK: Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava, Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Going Gray - SU!; Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Tea Party Embossing Folder - Lifestyle Crafts; Silver Sequins - Darice

Happy Easter
STAMPS: Folk Art Medallion, A Good Egg - WMS
CARDSTOCK: Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette - SU!; White - Wplus9
INK: Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery - SU!
OTHER: Doily - Wilton; Sweet Blush Button - PTI

32 comments:

  1. Ooh, Anya, I love the orange and gray color combo! And those little chickies in the folk art....adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color combinations and I LOVE that you put the little chicks in the center of the medallions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like how all the sets work together! SWEET spring cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards, stunning colors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even a couple of simple stamped flowers can look fab on a card and I love that hint of doily on your banner strip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are just lovely Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sweet chickie patterned paper! Such fun trendy colors on the first...awesome layouts on BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embossed card is really elegant; I do like the combination of coral and grey. Great pattern too! And the Easter card is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you combined the graphic embossed panel with the fussy flowers. I think card makers should use all their creative license.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh i love your chicky background!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are gorgeous! I sure love the colors on the first one with the beautiful dry embossing! Gorgeous stamping on the pink and yellow one. Cant wait to get my stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards! Great dimension on each one and pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the medallions card Anya, and I would love that embossing folder too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you can mix and match Waltzingmouse stamps like you did on the last card! They're so versatile and I'm really looking forward to receiving mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards, Anya! I adore the pink and yellow on the second card. And the little bit of doily is so sweet. And the first card is so well balanced with the pretty flowers and that fabulous embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards, especially the 2nd one. Love all the details. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of your cards are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cards are simply gorgeous. It is obvious these stamps are a must have.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love what you created. Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh i love your easter card! it's amazing what you can do with that stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two beauties Anya!! Love the texture with the sweet flowers on the first! And what a lovely pattern you've created on the second!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Incredible cards, Any. Love the texture in your first card, and I simply adore the amazing pattern you created with the images from A Good Egg...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I didn't have time to check out everything the DT did during the week either! All of your peeks from earlier this week are lovely - and the official release projects are equally so!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful cards. Love the embossing on the first one and the cute chicks on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your peach and gray card struck a note with me. Those were my wedding colors back in 1981! Except my aunt thought that color combo sounded too simple so she made me say "silver and salmon" - I guess that was classier! Seeing your card, I forgot how good those colors look together.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both your cards are wonderful. Really interesting embossing and I really like the colour scheme. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful use of the medallion stamp!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!