Saturday, July 10, 2010

WMSC5 - Birthday Wishes

Happy Saturday! Today I'm back with the weekly Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge after taking a break last week for the new release. Maybe some of you have had your new orders arrive? I can't wait to see what you make!

Here is this week's sketch:

And here is the card I created:

I adore this card! The flowers and leaves are from the Rescue Remedies set. The large flowers punch out perfectly with a 1-inch circle punch. I trimmed the small flowers and leaves with my detail scissors, and inked the edges of everything with some Antique Linen Distress Ink. The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases - I masked off the 'Belated' portion of the sentiment and suddenly I have a whole new sentiment! I love a two-for-one! :)

The background was embossed with the Herringbone Cuttlebug folder and stitched around the outside. My color combination was a happy accident - I had some new wrinkle ribbon laying on my desk and these three colors were side-by-side. I love it!

The sketch challenge will remain open until Thursday, 11:59 pm EST. You can link up your entry on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. Top Mice will be announced along with the new sketch next Saturday! I hope you will join us! Have a great weekend!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Rescue Remedies, Fancy Phrases - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Melon Berry, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Riding Hood Red, Perfect Plum - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Groovy Guava, Riding Hood Red, Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Herringbone Cuttlebug Embossing folder - ProvoCraft; Apron Lace edge punch - Fiskars; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers; 1-inch circle punch - EK Success; sewing machine; adhesive rhinestones

10 comments:

  1. This is SO sharp! Love the design Anya! great color choices, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Anya! Love the flowers and how you blocked off the stamp for a whole new sentiment! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this color combo IS super Anya! these circle flowers are great too - love how you combined the sizes and added bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya,
    I love this card, too! It's perfect! The background is so soft with all that texture and the flowers are perfect - beautiful, representative - not imitation, and the whole thing just works wonderfully! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is gorgeous! I love how you've cut out all those little details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favourite WMSC sketch so far and you have done a stunning job with it! Love all the details on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I need to crank one out for this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the embossed background, and those flowers are awesome!! Great job with the sketch!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous. Love these colors and what you did with the circles and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your inspiration. love how the flowers came out so bold.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!