Friday, July 30, 2010

Dancing Lanterns

TGIF, friends!

Popping in quick today to share the card I made for this week's Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger.

Beautiful, isn't it? I just couldn't resist another opportunity to play with the sweet lanterns from Asian Gardens Additions.

As you can see, I interpreted the photo pretty literally. I love the happy mix of colors on this one. The Kraft background is embossed with a woodgrain pattern and I cut the tops of the lanterns out so that I could string them on the twine. The sentiment could be used for many occasions - I think this is a great fit for 'come on over and celebrate the summer on my back patio!'

Have a great night! I am back tomorrow with my card for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Asian Gardens Additions - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Kraft, White - Papertrey Ink; Soft Suede - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Marigold Morning, Soft Suede - Stampin' Up!
Other: Woodgrain Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Brown baker's twine - Martha Stewart Crafts

9 comments:

  1. So pretty (and clever, too!) I popped by to see the other lantern card from the WMS pre-release that you had made, and I got a a two-for-one!! I enjoyed this one as much as I did your first lantern card:-) thanks for another great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love literal takes, I always feel bad when my are like that, but your take is lovely- I really like the embossed woodgrain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card from the inspiration Anya! love your strings of lanterns and the embossed bg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anya! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kraft card, and fun coloured lanterns, really effective. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!