Saturday, July 17, 2010

July Blog Waltz and WMSC6!

Hi everyone! I am multi-tasking today, combining the July Friends of WMS Blog Waltz with today's WMS sketch challenge!

If you want to waltz along with us and you haven't yet linked up your project, head to this thread in the WMS Forum to link up your creation and view the other participants. There is also a thread for chatting about what you've seen and participating in our little contest! The DT members are each hiding an image on their cards. Keep track of their count and a correct guess could win you a stamp set of your choice!

Here is today's sketch:

And here is the card I created:

I took some liberties with this week's sketch, using it more for inspiration than a pattern. But that is what is so great about a sketch!

The lantern and cloud images are from Asian Gardens Additions. The birthday sentiment is from Asian Gardens. I stamped my lanterns in shades of blue and green and strung them together with some blue baker's twine.

The sketch challenge will remain open until Thursday, 11:59 pm EST. You can link up your entry on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. Top Mice will be announced along with the new sketch next Saturday!

Have fun waltzing! Don't forget to head back to the WMS Forum to chat and join the contest.

I hope you will join us! Have a great weekend!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Asian Gardens, Asian Gardens Additions - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Spring Rain, White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, Kiwi Kiss - Stampin' Up!; VersaMark - Tsukineko; Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger
Other: Baker's Twine - Martha Stewart Crafts; paper piercer

33 comments:

  1. What a great card, love the idea with the twine... I am soooo waiting for the lanters to arrive...*sight*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch, I'm enjoying waltzing along...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little lanterns!!!!!!!!!
    I need them!
    Beautiful card Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - fantastic card - love the way you've interpreted the sketch, so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest! So well made and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card, LOVE what you did with the twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liberties or not it's a super interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful take on the sketch!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I adore this card, and your take on the sketch is out of this world! Love the free flowing aurora that the lanterns provide and your stamped clouds in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEEKS Anya! This is fabulous! love the lantern of course but your design is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anya, for me this is the most beautiful and adorable card made with claires stamps ever. I´m in love with those lanterns anyway and your card is the perfect way of using them. I have to ink them up, it´s been way to hot here to stamp but I hope I can create anything that is just a bit adorable as this. You should put it in a frame. Love love love it. :D

    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great interpretation of the wmsc. Live your lanterns and the bakers' twine. Thanks for your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your string of lanterns look great in these colors Anya - like the decorations on a patio on a cool summers eve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your interpretation of the sketch. fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea for the sketch, Anya! I think this turned out just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this card first for the sketch challenge and am totally in love with it! Great idea and great execution! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun Anya! Love the strand of lanterns!!! Reminds me of a Chinese marketplace!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love your use of the lanterns and color choices! It just goes to show how even one motif (the lanterns) can create a dramatic statement. Thanks for sharing your creation with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just fabulous! Love your take on the sketch and expertly looped bakers twine/hanging lanterns. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this is just the most wonderful take on the sketch challenge, Anya. Bravo!!!

    P.S. My son Clay is HUGE Pens fan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute cute cute!!! How fun that the lamps are 'swinging' on their ribbon. So playful.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love how you arranged the lanterns

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your card Anya and your interpretation of the sketch! Those lanterns are the best.....mine arrived yesterday and I can't wait to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just LOVE this card Anya - the lanterns are so pretty and look gorgeous with that twine .

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anya, I just love this, I thought it was a genius take on the sketch! so very neatly done too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, this is just fabulous! What a wonderfully creative take on the sketch! I love everything about your card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Soo cute! Love the way the twine weaves - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anya, this is so pretty! Love the lanterns used to interpret the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great take on the sketch and the waltz colours. The blue twine is great.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful creation. I love it. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great card. I love it! Love the paper lanterns and I love string idea. Great take on the sketch, outside of the box, I like that! I wish I was better at that, I'm too literal. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely take on the sketch, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the combination of the sketch and Waltz & really love those little lanterns - brilliant

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!