Saturday, July 3, 2010

Queen for a Day

Yesterday was my friend Julie's birthday. She lives too far away from me in Los Angeles, so I boxed up some goodies and sent them her way. This is the card I made for her, using some new stamps from Prickley Pear.

This is the 50s Lady stamp. I paper pieced her skirt with a pattern from the Material Girl collection from Cosmo Cricket. I colored the rest with Copics.

The sentiment was stamped and then trimmed apart, each piece adhered with foam dimensionals. I added some crazy stitching and some threaded vintage buttons (aren't they wonderful? I love when they are a little dirty or discolored.. just a great touch!).

Thanks for your stop today! Have a great one!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: 50s Lady, Queen for a Day - Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
Cardstock: Melon Berry, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Material Girl - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Copics: E43, E50, E51, YG23
Other: Rustic Cream Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; vintage buttons; sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Love it-- the stitching and buttons really bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Anya! The paper piecing with the copics just brings it to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this... it makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!