Monday, July 12, 2010

Pears

Hi everyone! How are you?

This weekend was Pittsburgh's Rubber Stamp show - its just a dinky thing, but all we get! My friend Josette and I go together every year and usually make a B-line for the Stampers Anonymous booth (we're both gaga for their display and selection of Tim Holtz products) but this year we found another booth that we loved.

It was from The Stampsmith, based out of New York. They specialize in super-detailed photo art stamps. We did a make & take using their new Landscapes plates, but I just loved their vintage images. They have a lot of movie stars (think Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield) and oodles of vintage images. They are made from photographs, so they are really detailed and fun to play with! I picked up the Fruit Crate Labels plate and another that I'll share later :)

I got to stamping right away!

I used the image of the Pear label, and colored it with a selection of my lightest Copic markers. I paired (hah!) it with some paper from Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird collection, and some other odds and ends. Good stuff! I can't wait to see what the other labels look like inked up.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope your day is fantastic!


#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Fruit Crate Labels - The Stampsmith
Cardstock: Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Early Bird - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Copics: YG0000, G0000, B0000, R00, Y00, W1, YG95
Other: Seeing Spots Cuttlebug Embossing folder - ProvoCraft; Deco Scallop edge punch - EK Success; sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Anya. I love this vintage image and your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Anya! It's so elegant! It would be perfect for the "Fun & Fruity" challenge that I'm hosting on my blog: http://sarahmartina.com/blog/2010/07/07/joine-me-for-a-fruity-challenge-cupcards-2-go/ Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, you would never even know it is a stamp! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous "pear" card!
    I love that pattern paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous! love those pears!

    danni
    http://www.cupcardstogo.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vintage feel of this! I really like the pattern paper too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!