Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Dead of Night

'The Harvest moon fills the sky
A wicked witch goes flying by...'

Welcome to our second day of previews for the Waltzingmouse Stamps August release. Today's card uses Midnight Feast, a perfect set for ghoulish treats and cards alike!

When I first saw the artwork for this set, I envisioned using the window shape to create a little scene.. the view of Winnie zipping across the sky, outlined against the moon! I stamped the gothic window repeatedly, lining the edges up to create the look of a wall of windows. Yeah, then I cut all those windows out!

The set contains a cluster of stars, excellent for creating a background! I stamped mine in VersaMark Dazzle for some extra shimmer. Winnie was stamped onto Spring Moss and cut out. Everything was given a coat of Perfect Pearls, but you'd have to see them shimmer in person to believe me. The ruffle bit at the bottom is crepe paper! I've got all sorts of fun ideas in mind for that.

Today, Claire, Julia, Lynn, Bonnie, Mona, Jennifer, and Belinda are sharing previews. Be sure to check them out!

Thanks for stopping by today - have a great Sunday!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Midnight Feast - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Going Gray, Vintage Violet - Stampin' Up!; Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Basic Gray - Stampin' Up!; Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger; Champagne VersaMark Dazzle - Tsukineko
Other: Perfect Pearl, Interference Blue Perfect Pearls - Ranger; white gel pen; black crepe paper

16 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!! what can I say Anya, it's the perfect Halloween card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool scene Anya! I am really spooked :) LOL The crepe ruffle looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Anya! Is that archway part of the stamp set? If it is WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute work!
    the stamp are wonder (naturally..!) and I like so much your style!

    Hugs, Shake

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect use of that gothic window stamp Anya! what a wonderful Halloween night scene you've created! love the pleated crepe paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used that window - I had a block when it came to that lol! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this looks amazing and I love how you cut out the windows and the ruffle on the bottom gives it a little something unexpected

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this Anya...the way you stamped multiple windows - it's truly inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anya, this card has such a touch of drama and elegance. Love it! You created a perfect scene for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like a broken record.... Love this! So cool. I just know I'm going to need both of these wonderful sets. The extra work you did cutting the windows out on the stamped "walls" was so worth the effort. It looks wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Anya. that scene hit a perfect 10! the windows must have been a pain to cut out, but it was well worth it. awesome composed card to star a witch flying through the night. love the details in all that you pulled on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW I LOVE how you made the window turn in to a creepy Goth Gate! FABULOUS creativity and design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anya, I love that card. Reminds me of the church I got married in!! -Dina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!