Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Way to Go - WMS Previews Day 2

This is a scheduled post.

Hello!

Today I have another preview of the two new sets being released at WMS this month, He's a Free Spirit and Free Spirit Sentiments.

I love today's card!

I started with a 4-inch square of white cardstock. I stamped the circle cluster, which is such a cool image, and embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I went back and added distress inks to create the colored background. Even contrasting colors of these inks blend well, they are really fun to use. I combined phrases for my sentiment ('Wow!' and 'Way to Go' are separate stamps) and adhered it with foam tape.

Retro and graphic - just think of all the different colors you could create this in!

Check the WMS Blog for more info about today's previews.

Thanks for stopping by!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: He's a Free Spirit, Free Spirit Sentiments - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: White, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Rusty Hinge, Crushed Olive, Stormy Sky, Old Paper Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Detail White Embossing Powder - Stampendous

10 comments:

  1. FABBY funky card Anya!!!yep i love tose distress inks too!! lol, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful... Very 70's!
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sponged colors on this Anya! the circles look super embossed in white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya this is fantastic!! The perfect blokey card to give to our males. Love it.
    Hope the holiday is more than you ever dreamed it could be and that you are already planning the next one. xx

    PS: Just had to let you know that my word verification below is..... 'mandorks'......tooooooo funny, lol!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love!! the sponging here! Really a great use of colour as it makes the graphics literally pop off the paper. Cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Moley Anya!! We were sure thinking along the same wavelength today lol! I love yours and the sponging is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When they say "great minds think alike," they aren't kidding! You and Bonnie were channeling each other, and all of us were on the same page with the embossing of this wonderful image. I can't wait to get my hands on some of those new distress ink colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your gradient background - it's a great backdrop for this cool image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Anya...such great colors and I love the way your image POPS in that white with all the awesome colors around it! Top drawer job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous card, seriously this one takes my breath away!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!