Monday, March 15, 2010

Smell the Flowers

Hi everyone!

I would like to share the card I created for the second challenge WMS is sponsoring on the Stamping Around blog. This time around, we're having an inspiration challenge!

Yours truly picked the challenge photo - you know how I love Country Living Magazine for photos. Oodles of inspiration.

Here is my card using Sewing Box - Hugs.

The flowers were colored with Copics and then cut out. The background was stamped with the wavy stitched stripe from SB - Hugs and I fit the sentiment in between two of the lines. A fun trick I found for lining up the sentiment was to put in on my acrylic block right above the stitched stripe. It was easy to mold the sentiment to fit the waves and then you can remove the stripe before stamping the sentiment. It fit all the curves perfectly and was much easier than trying to wing it!

This inspiration challenge will run through the end of March. A winner will be chosen from the group of participants to win their own copy of Sewing Box - Hugs. Visit the Stamping Around blog for the details. Keep your eyes peeled for other participating DT members, too!

Have a great day!


#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Sewing Box - Hugs - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Pale Plum - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger; Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko
Other: Copic markers; Spring Moss Satin Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; pink rhinestones; sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. Anya this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the colors! and that photo is LOVELY! I love that magazine too!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Anya! I love this inspiration photo and this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Anya, the photo and card are both gorgeous! I love the rich tones paired with the yellow. And your ribbon tabs are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya this is lovely! Such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the inspiration picture you found Anya it is so colorful and springy! and the pleated ribbon around your circle looks just beautiful! The wavy stem bg stamping looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifullll I am going to try to participate too.

    Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!