Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stop and Smell the Roses

This is a scheduled post.


Good morning!

Today is challenge day for the Serendipity Stamps Design Team. We were challenged to make a post card - something flat, with no embellishments that we could mail without an envelope. Here's what I came up with, channeling all those vintage post cards I love.

I started with a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Rustic Cream cardstock that I trimmed with my pinking blade. Then I stamped the rose stamp from the English Rose Cling Set in Rich Cocoa Memento ink and colored it with my Copics. Then I inked up a few sentiments that I had, stamped them off onto scrap paper, and stamped them around the rose image. I was going for a faded text look - I think it turned out well.

I also lightly stamped the Stop and Smell the Roses sentiment (also from the English Rose Cling Set) and the Postcard stamp. I inked the edges with Distress Ink and then did some fancy stitching around the outside. I love it! It turned out just like I had thought :)

Today is our last full day in London. Tomorrow after dinner we head north to Harwich where we will take a ferry across the North Sea to the Netherlands and then on to Amsterdam.

Thank you for stopping in today, you won't want to miss what the other Design Team members have come up with!

Amy
Jennifer
Kathie
Lynda
Sue



#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: English Rose Cling Set (762QCL), Postcard (330F) - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento Ink - Tsukineko; Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger; Sahara Sand, Sage Shadow - Stampin' Up!
Other: Copic markers; Pinking blade for rotary paper trimmer - Fiskars; sewing machine

8 comments:

  1. Anya, it's beautiful! I hope you are having a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly beautiful, Anya! I'd love to receive such a gorgeous postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first laid eyes on this card it made my shoulders drop. LOL. So soft and pretty.
    I hope you're having a wonderful time Anya. Just one more flight to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Anya, this is GORGEOUS! WOW, what a fantastic postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so beautiful! I love how you built up the background! And the soft coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the soft coloring on your beautiful rose Anya! What an exciting trip you are on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya, This is so pretty. Hope you are having a fabulous time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anya,
    Delightful! It's soothing, soft, very vintage - I do love your card! LOADS of details, you almost can't believe it's "flat" because it has such depth.

    Awesome work.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!