Saturday, November 20, 2010

Warm Wishes

Welcome, weekend! I'm glad it is Saturday.

Today is Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge day, and here is today's sketch:

Thursday was my Mother-in-law's birthday and today we're celebrating. I thought I'd use the sketch as inspiration for her card. Here's what I made.

I have been eyeing up this swag image since Nutcracker Sweet was released. I used it to create my background. I don't know what exactly it is about this image, but I just love it. So much potential in that little shape.. I want to stamp it in red next!

I thought Warm Wishes was a completely appropriate sentiment for a birthday - something a little different!

The sketch challenge will remain open until Thursday, 11:59 EST. You can link up your entry on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. Top Mice will be announced along with the new sketch next Saturday! Be sure to visit the blog and check out what the other DT members and Mischief Makers have created for the sketch challenge!

Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps:
Nutcracker Sweet, Very Vintage Christmas, Holiday Labels No. 14 - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Mellow Moss, Pink Pirouette - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Petite Oval Small Nesabilities - Spellbinders; Fillable Frames 7 Die - Papertrey Ink; Half Pearls from Pretties Kit - Stampin' Up!; Pinking Blade for Rotary Paper Trimmer - Fiskars; Sewing machine

10 comments:

  1. Love the way you used this swag. It looks like background paper! The color choice was a great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...I too like that background. I love the pearls. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the swag bg on this in the soft colors Anya - and those bold pearls look wonderful! I'm sure MIL will love this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and it makes me feel warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love those soft pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty! love the soft colors and the pearls are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very beautiful! The swag and the pearls really make this an elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Anya! Such an elegant looking card! Love the soft colors and pretty pearls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!