Thursday, November 4, 2010

WMS November Release Day One

Good morning!

Today starts the previews for the Waltzingmouse Stamps November release. Four new stamp sets are being released on November 7. The other DT members and I will be sharing previews until then!

Today I've used Festive Foliage, a delicious set featuring winter foliage!

This card started with the horizontal frame from Frame It. I created a mask to fit inside the frame (just a trimmed down post-it) and then stamped some of the images from Festive Foliage around the outside. I think these pine branch and cone images are just beautiful, and they created a stunning frame, no? The sentiment is from Compliments of the Season. I really love how this turned out - it would be easy to mass produce!

My second card features a favorite holiday foliage - mistletoe!

I stamped the solid and outline images together, using two different shades of green ink. The solid berries are a separate image and were stamped in red. The sentiment is a combination of stamps, 'kisses' from Festive Foliage and the rest from another set being released this month. I used Off Beat Backgrounds to create my cozy red plaid background. I think it looks like flannel :)

So that's what I have for you today. Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's previews:


I will be back tomorrow with more! Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Christmas Greetings Card
Stamps: Festive Foliage (available November 7),
Frame It, Compliments of the Season - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Gold adhesive pearls - Recollections

Kisses for You Card
Stamps: Festive Foliage, Around Christmastime (available November 7),
Off Beat Backgrounds - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Pinking blade for paper trimmer - Fiskars; Red satin ribbon; Sewing machine

27 comments:

  1. Anya - these are great. They are both so different - and I adore the mistletoe (and plaid too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, plaid! love how you combined those sentiments with the mistletoe. gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful, Anya. I love the background that you made with Off Beat Backgrounds. I should ink that set more often. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations, Anya. These are such wonderful examples Claire's new sets. Stunning design on both counts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your backgrounds Anya! the foliage and the plaid look super! Wonderful coloring on the mistletoe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, Anya! Isn't that foliage stamp just wonderful ... really love the way you've used it ... gorgeous layout and colours. The mistletoe card is such fun and your flannel background looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fab cards, love the first one, it has a very classic feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty as usual! Love those golden pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yummo!! Anya I love how you used that Festive Foliage as a backgrounder - (not surprised though lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant cards Anya! Love the Festive Foliage BG on the first and the beautiful Mistletoe on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Och Anya!!! that is just STUN.N.NING!!! gorgeous and I love the flannel and mistletoe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS Anya!!!
    Have a Great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards. I love the easy mass production of cards and these fit the bill! I just love the foliage, so stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the first one is just lovely with frame it and the second one with the "flannel" is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, Anya, these cards are stunning! I love the elegance of both and I especially love those gold brads on the first card! Very inspiring! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anya, these are beautiful - I particularly love your first card! It's gorgeous, with that monochromatic background... I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anya, I love both of your beautiful cards! It's so nice to see what can be done with Claire's beautiful stamps! Thanks for some awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow! so beautiful. Simply classic!
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea to mask off the frame - what a gorgeous card! And I agree; your plaid is oh so cozy:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful Christmas cards! Totally put me in the Christmas spirit! Hugs, Carly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the natural colors in these cards, so lovely!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely! The mistletoe is a fun image and looks great with your plaid paper.
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  23. these are so classy, Anya! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both cards are beautiful, but I've fallen in love with the Christmas Greetings one. The colors and layout are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your red plaid on the mistle toe card. And the monochromatic look on the green card is gorgeous, I thought it was pp at first

    ReplyDelete
  26. so simple and so gorgeous. the christmas greetings looks so elegant. love how the pine cones are repeated on the cream cardstock. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anya, you rocked the stamp sets this month... as always!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!