Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Birthday

Hi there!

Today I have a fun and quick birthday card that would be great for anyone! I used Lizzie Anne's Vintage Birthday set to put this together. I really like this set.

I thought it would be fun to use PTI's Grid Lines cardstock to add to the graphic feel of this card. I stamped Happy Birthday in red first and built the rest of the background around it. The gray is the second generation image (stamped off first onto scrap paper) and I like that it didn't give an even impression. I think it fits with this card. The 'Eat More Cake' is a portion of another sentiment in the set, I used a marker to ink up just the portion I wanted. Eat more cake sounds like good advice any time!

Thanks for visiting me today, tomorrow I will be back with the Lizzie Anne December Design Team Challenge. Saturday brings the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. I hope you have a great day and that you can stop back soon!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps:
Vintage Birthday set - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Kraft, Guide Lines - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray - Stampin' Up!
Other: Maraschino Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Black marker; Red button

5 comments:

  1. hehehehe. i love the "eat more cake" part. the font is also so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! Love the gray stamping with the pop of the dark red. I'm with you on the eat more cake! Especially since birthday cake has no calories! ;) I see another LAD set I need to get...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the "eat more cake", too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely FABULOUS! I hope you don't mind if I case it:)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!