Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wishing You Peace

Good morning everyone. I apologize for not blogging yesterday - my life is out of control right now. But I'm getting back on track, and am looking forward to sharing lots with you.

Today's card is for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge 43. I always seem to get these in right under the wire. I think tonight I will go home and work on this Tuesday's sketch right away :)

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


I needed something comfortable, so I headed for my Waltzingmouse Stamps and Off Beat Backgrounds set to make some plaid. The oak leaf and acorn image is from Blessed By You - I stamped it 4 times in my square. The rhinestones were colored with an E08 copic marker to match the cardstock. I added some faux stitching using my quilter's tracing wheel (my sewing machine is out of commission at the moment or it would have been real stitching - I need to get it to my mom for some repair work).

The sentiment is from the Peace and Plenty set - I left off the 'and plenty' from this sentiment to shorten it. I inked the edges of the sentiment block with PTI's Tea Dye Duo ink. I think I may have liked it better without it, but it does help to define the edges.

Thank you for stopping by today - I love to hear from you and I hope you'll take a few minutes to say hello. I will be back with more tomorrow and I hope to see you then!

Take care!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Off Beat Backgrounds, Blessed By You, Peace and Plenty - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke - SU!; Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Dusty Durango, Always Artichoke - SU!; Tea Dye Duo - Papertrey Ink
Other: Clear Adhesive rhinestones - Michaels; E08 marker - Copic; Quilter's tracing wheel

11 comments:

  1. Hello Anya,

    I love your card i've just got mine in the mail and will have a go with this set tonight.

    Hope everything will be back on track for you soon.

    Hugs Yvon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sketch care Anya! I love how you combined stamps from so many of the Waltzingmouse sets! Love that plaid - I really need to play with mine more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya this is LOVELY!! Such pretty colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After a crazy busy summer I was just thinking that things should be slowing down but they never seem to! Love your card today as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very pretty Anya! love the plaid and the wee rhinestones - fab idea to colour them in gotta try that! Gorgeous! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything's okay Anya??!! Your card is beautiful--the plaid so soothing and I love the leaf and acorn image!

    You asked about the holiday cheer pp--I wouldn't say it's too bright--I lovethe scarlet jewel papers in it, although there are two with Raspberry Fizz that are pretty bold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the soft fall colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the gems in the middle and the fun plaid bg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that plaid BG. Can't wait for my WM stamps to arrive. I want to play with those backgrounds...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!