Monday, October 26, 2009

Red and Cream Holiday

Hi friends! Here it is another week.. I can't believe we're at the end of October already!

I hinted on Friday about wanting to try out a red and cream combination, inspired by Mish's blog post.

When I first read the post, the images from Sewing Box - Christmas came to mind right away. Here's what I whipped up:


I stamped the snowflake onto Pure Poppy and Vintage Cream with Riding Hood Red ink. I cut out all shapes and then layered them, and then added a red rhinestone in the middle. The background was stamped with my plaid stamp (from Off Beat Backgrounds) in Chamomile Tea Dye ink, but it turned out a little pink. That's ok.. still subtle, which is what I was going for. The sentiment was stamped on a strip of Vintage Cream, the one end trimmed with pinking shears. The snowflakes are adhered with foam tape. Love it!

I finally was able to repair my sewing machine, so I am looking forward to breaking that baby out again. I have a craft fair coming up in mid-November, so I'm working on cranking out some stuff for that. I hope you have a great night - thank you for stopping by!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Sewing Box - Christmas, Off Beat Backgrounds - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Riding Hood Red - SU!; Chamomile Tea Dye ink - Papertrey Ink
Other: Red rhinestones - Michaels; Pinking shears

11 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Anya - love that red and cream!! going to shamelessly copy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the subtle background and those beautiful snowflakes! What are you making for your craft fair? I'm doing my first one in November too and feeling a little unsure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your red and cream--so sweet! This was a perfect set to use--so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Anya. Love the red and cream. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty Anya. I just did some red and cream as well... need to get that posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Anya! I saw Mish's post with all her fun inspiration pics - these stitched snowflakes look wonderful backed in the red - and the subtle plaid bg sets them off perfectly! and I love your sentiment banner! great card - and I'm with Claire - I'll be shamelessly copying this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage look, and cream and red seem to be the trend of the season. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Just loving that colour combo - makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet! They look like felt Christmas ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!