Monday, October 5, 2009

Cookie Recipes

Hi everyone! How was your weekend? Did you celebrate WCMD?

Today I would like to share the project that I made for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge (just getting it in under the buzzer!)

Here is the sketch:


And here is my project:


This is a little recipe book for your holiday cookies! The outside dimensions are just slightly larger than a standard index card, which is what I used for the inner pages.

The plaid background pattern was made using Off Beat Backgrounds. The stripes were stamped in Riding Hood Red and Close to Cocoa ink. The next layer is customized patterned paper, made using some of the smaller images from the Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy stamp set.

I punched the border and stitched it and the patterned paper right to the cover. I added the sticker alpha and some of the little gingers from the set. These guys are such cuties! I used my Bind-it-All to put it together, and you have an easy, cute place to keep all your holiday treat recipes! The first recipe I am going to put in here is Melissa Philips' recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. I have made these twice and they are fantastic!

Thanks for stopping by today. I have lots more to share, so I hope you will stop back soon!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Off Beat Backgrounds, Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red - SU!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Close to Cocoa - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Scallop Dot Edge Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts; Fresh Paint Glitter Alpha Red - Marcella K; Bind-It-All - Zutter; Sewing machine; Index cards

8 comments:

  1. oh YUM!!!!!!, this is so very cute Anya - love what you did with the little guys and the plaid is just the best! lol, LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!!! I'm amazed that you stamped that background. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's so cute, what good recipes do you have inside?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute Anya! I love the plaid bg you created and those tiny little gingerbread men look adorable! what a great idea - I'll definately be making one of these! now you have to give us that delicious sounding recipe!!! PLEASE, please?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anya this is soooo CUTE!!! What a FUN idea.. I need to try that recipe you mentioned.. sounds DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. anya...this is fabuous! what a great project idea! love the papers, the colors, and the little gingerbread accents...perfection!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...you've done an amazing job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! :) Love the bg and the fun little gingerbread men!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!