Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall Birdhouse

Last night I made some little holiday notebooks using the new Take Note set from PTI. I'm dealing with a disappointing camera at the moment so the card I am sharing with you today is one I made a few weeks ago.


The bird house (Bird House Autumn - 1179H) and sentiment (More Things - 027D) are from Serendipity Stamps.

I stamped the bird house in Rich Cocoa Memento Ink and colored it with Copic markers. I added some sparkle with the Spica glitter pens but it isn't showing up well in the photo.

The patterned paper border was punched using the Embossed Curve edge punch from EK Success. The paper is from the Patterns Pack III from SU!. I free-handed the paper pierced flourish in the upper left corner. Just lightly sketch a pencil line to follow and erase afterwards.

Thank you for your visit today, I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I am going to try and stay busy, and we'll see if I pop in with something new. I am feeling very inspired after reading Michelle Wooderson's post about using the colors red and cream together!

#Anya

PS - Don't forget that Serendipity Stamps is having a customer challenge. More details are here.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bird House Autumn (1179H), More Things (027D) - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Mellow Moss, More Mustard - SU!; Vintage Cream - PTI
Patterned Paper: Patterns Pack III - SU!
Ink: Mellow Moss - SU!; Rich Cocoa Memento - Tuskineko; Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Embossed Curve Edge Punch - EK Success; Assorted Markers and Spica glitter pens - Copic; Paper piercer

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your notebooks Anya! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of that stampset - it's due any day now!!!

    I love the wonderful leaves on this stamp and your colors are lovely!

    have a great weekend - I'll be busy at my church fair tonight and tomorrow - not much stamping for me until Sunday :( !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful Anya, fab colouring and the wee dotty swirl is so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful freehand swirl! That birdhouse is so beautiful--love the coloring! Looking forward to seeing your notebooks, I'm sure they are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya, the coloring on your image is fabulous. The sentiment, flourish and dp is really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another pretty card! I can't wait to see your notebooks! I just got that set as well. Hoping to play later this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring and I just love that image. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!