Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Vintage Merry Christmas

Happy December, friends! Before we know it, it will be June again!

Today I'm sharing my card that I made for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge (late again).

Here is the sketch:

And here is my card. I flipped the sketch and took some other liberties..

I love this card! I pulled out my Mini Holidays cling stamp set from the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection. The collage of ads, cluster of snowflakes, and sentiment are all from this set. The music score background, which I just found this weekend and *love* is from Stampendous. Everything got a treatment of Distress Ink after I cut it out... I just love Distress Ink!

The cream strip of cardstock was punched with the Martha Stewart Simple Scallop edge punch. There are some other do-dads and things added - its all in the recipe, but if you have questions leave me a comment.

And speaking of Tim Holtz, today he started his 12 Tags of Christmas over on his blog. If you've never followed Tim's Christmas tags, you should check it out! It is very inspiring and he's giving step-by-step instructions, so you can play along (I am!)

Thank you for your visit today, I hope you'll stop back again!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Ad Collage, Snowflakes, Sentiment from Mini Holidays - Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection; Music Score - Stampendous
Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Handsome Hunter - Stampin' Up!; Aged Mahogany, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Branch and Simple Scallop punches - Martha Stewart Crafts; Pinking Edge for Rotary Paper Trimmer - Fiskars; Gold pearls - Recollections; Fired Brick Distress Ink Stickles - Ranger

8 comments:

  1. I love this vintage card! That music score background is fabulous--I've been looking for something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage, too!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya, Love the vintage look. Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the vintage look but I just don't do it very well. Your card is lovely, Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh,,, great card Anya! love the images and the colors you used - and all the edges! great little pearls on the corner too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anya! Thanks for entering the Christmas in the Old Country Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!