Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Completed By Your Love

Thank you all for the Anniversary wishes - it was a nice day.

I wanted to share some of the things I've been working on recently. Still so much to do, but staying busy keeps me out of trouble, right?

This is the card I made for my hubby (whose name is Bill, by the way, for easier future reference :) for our Anniversary.

I started by making a piece of patterned paper with the plaid stamp from Off Beat Backgrounds. I used Bravo Burgundy and Spring Moss. The sentiment is from Blessed By You and was exactly what I wanted to say.

We started our gift exchange too! With 11 days of gifts to give, it helps to be creative.

One thing I put together for Bill is this little notebook where we can keep track of our sushi adventures. We are both big fans of the cuisine and love to try different combinations and flavors. In passing conversation, we had talked about how it would be fun to keep track of different things we've tried and liked (or not liked) - and so the Yum Yum sushi notebook was born! The inside pages have places where we can keep track of the basics: when, where, what, etc. and an overall rating.

The black background was stamped with one of the stamps from Background Basics: Diamonds and clear embossed. The sushi pieces were all cut freehand from scraps of paper... I giggled the whole time! I used my Bind-It-All to put it all together. It was great fun, and Bill got a kick out of it. We even used it last night when we went for sushi dinner!

So glad you stopped by today, and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow! Have a great night!

#Anya

Recipe:
Completed By Your Love card:
Stamps: Off Beat Backgrounds, Very Vintage Christmas, Blessed By You - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Scarlet Jewel, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Bravo Burgundy - Stampin' Up!; Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink
Other: Medium Heart punch - EK Success; Scarlet Jewel button - Papertrey Ink; Linen thread - Stampin' Up!; pinking shears; sewing machine

Yum Yum Sushi notebook:
Stamps: Taffy Alphabet - Stampin' Up; Background Basics: Diamonds - Papertrey Ink; Woodgrain - All Night Media
Cardstock: Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Wild Wasabi, Blush Blossom - Stampin' Up!; Spring Moss, White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up!
Other: Filigree clear embossing powder - Stewart Superior; Sakura Stardust gelly roll pen - Tsukineko; Bind-It-All - Zutter; Assorted markers - Copic

7 comments:

  1. That notebook is awesome!!! I love the sushi platter on the front. And the card is great, simple but stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sushi notebook adorable! You did a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a place in Pitts you really like for sushi?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - I have to say I'm not into sushi (the thought makes me shiver LOL!!!) but I love your fun cover and your hand made delicacies Anya!! I'm sure Bill loved this thoughtful homemade notebook!

    and your card is wonderful - there you go with the plaid stamps again GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love sushi too...This is a great idea! I love that you cut them out free hand and even put a little blob of wasabi on there too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heehee, what a fun yum yum book! :) Very cool! And love the card with the plaid..heehee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!