Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gifty Things

Good morning!

I am going to take a break from the tags today (..because I forgot to photograph the next ones, that's why!) and show you some other things I've been working on.

First off, some wine bottle scarves!

This uses the ginormous (purple - is that giga?) snowflake punch from Marvy, a simple tag, and a button.

This uses my favorite holly image from Sewing Box Christmas (which is out of stock in the store right now but on order - sorry!) and a big button for the berry.

I first saw these bottle scarves on Amy Rohl's blog and loved them. They were a snap to make!

Next are some gift card holders. I saw these on Jel Del Muro's blog with a link to the tutorial. These are also easy to make but really add something to your gift card presentation!

Using Very Vintage Christmas and a favorite cream, red and sand color combination.

And more holly! Love the woodgrain background on this one.

So here's what makes these so cool - untie the ribbon to reveal the inside..

Isn't that a great presentation? There is space inside for a sentiment or a little note. Very easy to make, too. The original tutorial came from Roxy's blog here. Instead of going through the whole Word Window punch business to create the opening for the gift card, I used one of the rectangle Nestabilities. Much easier!

Hope you have a great day, my dears! Have a very Merry Christmas if your holiday plans keep you away for a few days!

#Anya

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Anya! Hope you have a wonderful holiday! Your tags and bottle scarves are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas. TFS. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those bottle scarves! they really dress up the bottle in a simple but impressive way!! And that holly is one of my favs also Anya! it's just big enough to make a great splash where ever you use it!

    great idea to use the nestie to cut the opening for the gift card! - That's my favorite design for gift cards too - yours are so clean cut and festive!

    Have a blessed Christmas Anya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these Anya! FABULOUS ideas!!!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your wine tags! I totally forgot to photograph mine this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, those wine bottle scarves are just the cutest!!!! And I love the gift card holders, i'm definitely going to check out the tutorial for these! Would come in handy for so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those wine tags are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!