Friday, June 17, 2011

June Friends of WMS Waltz

Good morning, Waltzers! Welcome to the June Friends of WMS Blog Waltz. Today we're creating for the old red, white, and blue!

Here are the details: if you want to waltz along with us and you haven't yet linked up your project, head to the link list thread in the WMS Forum to link up your creation and view the other participants. There is also a thread for chatting about what you've seen. This month a random waltz participant will be chosen to receive a prize.

Here is my card:

I used images from Sewing Box - Hugs to create my patriotic card. I love the layered stars!

So for those of you from the US, what do you do for the 4th of July? My family usually gets together for a picnic and to watch fireworks. It is perfect summer fun! Glad you could stop in today, have fun waltzing!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Sewing Box - Hugs - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Real Red, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White - Stampin' Up!

20 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this simple, stylish card. What a great way to use the stamps!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya this is fabulous another set that is on my wishlist. Love what you have done with this today

    Happy Waltzing

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really super - I do like your take on the US flag - the sewing box set really work on this design. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the sewed hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry - I meant 'stars' of course - still waking up here....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your flag Anya! how creative to use the flower stems for stripes! and the background stars look super!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a FABULOUS , perfect 4th of July card! You make me want those sewing box stamps sooo bad (-:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! Great composition, just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anya, your card is absolutely adorable!! Love the stacked stars & stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just perfect, as always! Love the fun use of the "stripes" and stars! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layered stars too Anya! What a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. simple, beautiful, and I think it would work just as well with any colours! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so cute, Anya! So cheerful and patriotic...great for a guy or a girl! Super sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute and I wonder why I don't have that set yet!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness...this is certainly a 'star' card....luvin the stamped stars in the background. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you always impress! You found the perfect balance by adding the little background stars to just one side of the card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card: I've got to remember that the sewing box set can be used for the Americana theme!! thanks for giving me the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i loved your cards ty for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!