Friday, October 7, 2011

Get Well

Hello, my friends!

We're on the last leg of our vacation.. I bet you didn't even know we were gone! We'll be back later this weekend, and I will be back to posting live! :)

I wanted to share a Get Well card with you today, one I made for a dear friend of mine who is recovering from successful breast cancer surgery. Say a little prayer of thanks along with me, won't you?

I used Wplus9's A Pocketful set to create this card.

The little cluster of flowers is sized perfectly for the little pocket, so I simply stamped it twice for the larger pocket. I stamped the flowers again on to scrap cardstock so I could cut out a few and pop them up on my card. I added the Get Well sentiment to the label image. After I had the design together, I felt like it was missing something, so I stamped just a portion of the fancy stitched image along the left hand side.

And since I was making this card with a recipient in mind, I even finished the inside :)

The inside sentiment helps to tie the whole pocket theme together, and helped to keep the front a little less busy. I used a combination of words to build my phrase - I love it when I have this flexibility!

I'm so glad that you stopped by today. I can't wait to tell you all about our trip - have a great one! See you soon!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: A Pocketful - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Baja Breeze - Stampin' Up!
PATTERNED PAPER: Fly a Kite - October Afternoon
INK: Real Red, Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Star Dust Stickles - Ranger Industries; Sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. I love this card! The pocketful of posies is so sweet. Your friend is going to love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so soft and serene, Anya! LOVE what you did with the sentiment on the inside of your card! And that stampy edge is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous thought & well executed creation..... I love everything about it.... Kudos!!!!

    Ash.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!