Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release, Day 3

Welcome back!

Today is Day 3 of the countdown for the May Release at Waltzingmouse Stamps. This month, two new stamp sets are being released. They will be available for purchase tomorrow in the Waltzingmouse Stamps store! We are sharing more projects using the Country Labels 4 and USA 1776 sets.


There are two little stamps in the USA 1776 set that, when stamped together, make a star (and of course fit the Star Nestabilities!). If you didn't get a chance to see Claire's blog post yesterday when she introduced this set, I encourage you swing by. The project she made is incredible and included a detailed how-to to put the star together.

Inspired by Martha Stewart's new line of summer housewares, I created this card using the star pieces and other elements from the USA 1776 set. I started by die cutting the largest star nestie. Then I stamped each of the 'legs' of the star and cut them out. You could totally stamp these right on the star, but I'm fussy, so I didn't. I adhered all the blue shapes to the star then snipped all the red stripey ones in half, and adhered half to the star to achieve the look. The background was stamped with a combination of the sentiments in the set. Love the primitive feel to this one.

My second card today again uses the star-building image, but in a slightly different way.



At first glance, I saw a little kite, and so I just went with it :) I think it turned out pretty darn cute.

The little bows are from the Half Baked Gingerbread Joy set. To make the kite, I adhered a little bit of twine onto the back of the kite and then added just a teeny tiny dab of glue wherever I wanted the string to lay. The bows were adhered with dimensional foam tape.

The cute sentiment is from Country Labels 4. I like this card, it makes me smile :)

That is it for me today. Tomorrow we'll be joined by the rest of the DT ladies for the new release waltz. Don't forget it starts a little later.. 2 pm EST - be there or be square! Here are the rest of the Design Team links for today. Enjoy!

Anya Schrier - you are here!

So glad you stopped by! Have a super day!


------------
Recipe
Primitive Star Card
STAMPS: USA 1776 (available May 29), Gingham & Co. - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Kraft, Rustic Cream - PTI
INK: Cranberry Crisp, Buckaroo Blue, Crumb Cake - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
OTHER: Star Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Kraft Button, Twine - PTI

You Are my Sunshine Card
STAMPS: USA 1776, Country Labels 4 (available May 29th), Half Baked Gingerbread Joy - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9; Soft Sky, Barely Banana - SU!
INK: Groovy Guava, Pear Pizzazz, Going Gray - SU!
OTHER: Circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Cloud Die - PTI; Crochet thread

19 comments:

  1. Adorable cards! Love the versatility of these stamp sets! That kite is so sweet! As are the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamped background for your star and the kite look great, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the star image and the background paper. The kite is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are adorable ! Love the 3d stamped star, amazing! The kite card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the background stamped with versamark...my favorite card so far Anya. Your kite is really cute too, and I don't have any kite stamps yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anya - these cards are super. I love the folk art/homespun feel to your first card and that star is fab. Love the sunny and fun second card - the kite is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your super patriotic card and the kite card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful, and I really like the star card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the simplicity of your adorable cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to use the star for a kite! I love the kraft background you stamped on your first card, looks fab!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your primitive star with the sentiment background Anya!! Brilliant!! As is your kite card!! So clever and charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that gorgeous star...
    with the gingham...
    and that stamped background...
    perfect!
    But really lovin' that sweet kite...
    how absolutely adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you popped the images on both cards. The stamping looks great in the background of the first card and I love the subtle colors and the slightly aged look of the card. Love the gentle pastel colors of the second card. The die cuts look great. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both amazing Anya! The background you created is so smart - the star is stamped perfectly, and really clever to make a kite with the star pieces - looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love that sweet You are my Sunshine card. The pastels are just precious. Love how the kite string seems to be suspended in the air, although your description seems to indicate it is glued here and there on to the card and the bows are on foam tape.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the patriotic star and the stamped background. So good!
    and the diamond turned into a kite! YEAH!! Fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two super cards but I do love you sweet kite card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!