Monday, May 27, 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release, Day 2

Welcome back!

Today is Day 2 of the countdown for the May Release at Waltzingmouse Stamps. This month, two new stamp sets are being released. Yesterday, we shared previews of Country Labels 4 - if you'd like to catch up, click here.

Today's previews are for a set called USA 1776. This set is so much fun - it definitely has a traditional Americana theme, but also contains some really great images - like the fireworks!


Classic red, white and blue. I started this card by stamping the fireworks in white ink onto my card base. Then I brushed some Perfect Pearls over them to make them shimmer. On the right angle, they catch the light.


The firecrackers were stamped and cut out. I purposely snipped off the little fuse, replacing it with some embroidery floss. Before attaching it to the firecrackers, I ran a piece of the floss through the coordinating ink pad. Its just a little touch that adds some fun and texture to the card. Rhinestones finish it off.

For my second card, I couldn't resist using the Statue of Liberty silhouette in the set to create a sunset card.


I used Distress Inks to create the inked background. I knew I wanted to add the fireworks in, so I used an overall darker palette than I usually do. I achieved this look by using black at the top, a bit of yellow at the bottom, and two blues in between. I stamped the Statue of Liberty onto black cardstock and clear embossed the image before cutting it out. This helped me to see the outline to cut the dark cardstock as well as to give her some shine on the card. The cityscape was just freehanded... I felt like the scene needed a little something there on the bottom to ground it all.

The fireworks were stamped with Versamark and embossed in silver. Then I went in and used some Copic markers to carefully add some color to the fireworks. I played around with a sentiment on the front and in the end decided to leave it off. 'God Bless America' was my choice for the inside.

That is it for me today. Members of the Design Team will be sharing previews through Tuesday and the sets will be available for purchase on Wednesday, so be sure to stop by tomorrow to see more of the May release. Here are the rest of the Design Team links for today. Enjoy!

Anya Schrier - you are here!

So glad you stopped by! Have a super day!


------------
Recipe
Firecracker Card
STAMPS: USA 1776 (available May 29th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: White - Wplus9
INK: Real Red, Marina Mist - SU!; White - Wplus9; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Perfect Pearls (Pearl) - Ranger Industries; Adhesive Rhinestones - Recollections; Embroidery Floss (Ecru) - DMC

Firework Night Card
STAMPS: USA 1776 (available May 29th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Black - Wplus9; Vintage Cream - PTI
INK: Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Mustard Seed Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Detail Silver, Clear Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior; Copic Markers

25 comments:

  1. Anya these cards are both gorgeous! The Statue of Liberty card takes my breath away! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super nice! Love the little firecrackers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards with very different looks, great job Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I like the little firecrackers on your first card, and the night scene looks fabulous on your second card. Great job showcasing this set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are very pretty, Anya.
    Mstgane
    ANN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are just brilliant. Love the CAS crackers and the Statue of Liberty against the fireworks is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack gorgeous card, Anya! That Statue of Liberty one is SO creative and amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun cards!! Love the silhouette with inked background!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Anya, WOW! I'm speechless! Your Statue of Liberty card is absolutely stunning! And the perfect pearl fireworks are so perfect for your white CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your shimmery fireworks on the first card, and your night sky looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the CAS of the 1st card...
    that watermarked background is perfect for those "pops!"...
    but you took my breath with the Statue of Liberty...
    stunning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both superb Anya, but that Statue of Liberty one is maybe the absolute epitome of what I imagine 4th of July celebrations are all about. Hugs to you missy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great night scene with the firework!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are great. I especially love the Statue of Liberty, just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fireworks!!! and the firecrackers!! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The firecracker card is so fun and the Statue of Liberty card is very cool. Love the coloring in the background of the Liberty card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful Anya! Love the sweet touches like the skyline on your statue card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anya love them both , the first one is gorgeous ! Love how CAS the white one is!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the firework bursts, especially the subtle glitter on white card. Fab cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great fire cracker card and the Lady Liberty card is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the embossing and and the scene you created here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love the dark card. The gradation of the night sky is perfectly done and the fireworks are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All I can say is, I've already ordered my set. Can't wait for it to get here so I can play! Love the little firecrackers. :) and the perfect pearls on the fireworks. such a great idea.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!