Thursday, December 23, 2010

Yuletide Blessings

Oh good morning sweet friends. This morning we are having our Christmas breakfast at work, a wonderful excuse to relax a little and enjoy some time together. I am blessed to work in an office full of interesting, caring people and I am very thankful for that. The office closes for a half day, and we can all head home to our families and start to enjoy the holidays.

Today's card is the design I used for my Christmas cards this year. Based on these cards made for a previous WMS release, I opted for the rich color combination of red and cream.


I switched up the stamps that I used, and was pleasantly surprised to find that the poem from 'Twas the Night Before Christmas was a perfect fit for the card front. I worked assembly-line style when making these cards and finished 20 of them in a weekend.

I so look forward to sending and receiving Christmas cards, we always hang them in the doorway between our living and dining rooms. I have been a little disappointed this year in the number of printed photo cards that we received. Don't get me wrong - I like to see photos of the little ones in our lives all dressed up in their holiday finest, but what bugs me most is that not a single one of these cards included a hand-written holiday message. Maybe I am old-fashioned, but I miss reading that little wish of joy for the season.. a connection between two families.

I will be choosing a winner for my little giveaway this evening, so if you have not yet left a comment it might be a good time to do so! :) I will be back tomorrow to announce the winner.

Have a fantastic day my dears!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps:
'Twas the Night Before Christmas, Musical Backgrounds, Holiday Labels No. 14, Compliments of the Season - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink; Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Labels 14 - Spellbinders; Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls - Ranger Industries; Gingham Paper Tape - Martha Stewart Crafts; Sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Anya,
    I love your card - it's inspiring, and makes me want to buy that WMS stamp set (with the poem) and start my Christmas cards for next year - tonight! I love your work, I know I comment regularly, but I hope you know that I truly am in awe of your talent and savor the times when you post - reading the post carefully and saving the photo of your art to my special "Anya" folder. Thank you for sharing your gift -
    {{{Hugs!}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design looks wonderful in the red and cream color combination also. I share your thoughts about handwritten notes on Christmas cards. It doesn't have to be much, just something that shows you thought of my family when sending the card; otherwise, why bother. Merry Christmas, Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anya,

    Lovely card!! The red and white is really pretty!! Thosse stamps are the best!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely design for your cards Anya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!