Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town

So I hope you have been good!

Here is my card for today's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. I had not yet had a chance to use this half-moon Santa image from Around Christmastime, and today's sketch was the perfect opportunity.

The red, green, and light brown cardstock was all colored using Distress Inks. This is a fun technique using your Distress Inks if you've never tried it. I smooshed the ink pads onto my craft mat, spritzed it with water and then pressed my cardstock down into it. The result is a mottled, vintage look. Tim Holtz uses this technique often: he has lots of other technique ideas on his blog. I used a heat tool to dry the cardstock and then stamped my images. I am loving the combination of red and dark brown, paired with this Santa image it feels so cozy and Old World.

I added a distressed doily to my background and some rusty jingle bells. This would be a great combination for a tag too! *makes a mental note* :)

The sketch challenge will remain open until Thursday, 11:59 EST. You can link up your entry on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. Top Mice will be announced along with the new sketch next Saturday! Be sure to visit the blog and check out what the other DT members and Mischief Makers have created for the sketch challenge!

Hope you have a fantastic day, we're off to get our tree!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps:
Around Christmastime - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Barn Door, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Forest Moss, Pine Needles, Walnut Stain Distress Ink, Coffee Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Doily - Wilton; Rusty Jingle Bell - Darice; Baker's Twine - Martha Stewart Crafts; Standard Circles Small Nestabilities - Spellbinders

11 comments:

  1. Hi Anya,

    Your card is truly wonderful! Love the lace circle under the stamp, it's so pretty and that music sheet looks gorgeous in the red and brown, perfect!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Anya, this is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful. i love these soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card - I love the red, sponged with black, it is so intensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Anya! Love the doily peeking from behind the beautiful Santa image the the jingle bells are an awesome touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anya this is FABULOUS!!! Love the colors you used!
    Happy Holidays!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sponging looks wonderful on the music panel Anya - love the punched fern and 'berries on this! Great use of the paper doily too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely vintage card. I love this stamp and the way you've used it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Anya. Love the musical background which really makes your focal image POP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! The doily is awesome and the rusty jingle bells are just way too cool! I've done this technique with light colours, but I am lovin' the results with darker ones...your background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!