Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pine Cone Candle

Hi there. How is your Thursday going?

I have an easy and festive gift to share with you today. This also makes great decor in your own home, too.

You may have seen this candle that I made for last month's WMS release. I needed some craft show projects, and it was easy to come up with a few other designs based on that first candle.

The candles themselves are pillar candles from Michaels - I think they are less than $3 each. I used some vintage sheet music given to me by my mom (these were her piano lesson books from the early 60s :)

The tag was created using Festive Foliage, which is one of my all-time favorite WMS stamp sets. The branch was stamped once in green and once in brown. I cut them both out, layering just the brown pine cones onto the green needles. It is very easy to ink this stamp up with both colors at once (see Claire's post here) but I liked the dimension those extra pine cones added.

I added some crystal glitter to the pine cones and tied the tag to my candle using baker's twine and a jingle bell. Isn't it just sweet? I made a few of these for a craft fair I'm participating in. Like I said, an easy gift or fun decor for yourself. If you want to light the candle (which smells like yummy evergreen) all you need to do is just slide the band off the candle.

Two more things quickly before I take off. I just had a thought about my advent calendar - you certainly don't need to have your days in order. I've seen many calendars with the days mixed up so that you have to do a bit of searching for the one you're looking for. Not necessary, but might be fun if you have little ones! The way that I made the boxes to fit within the frame would be so easy to switch them up from year to year, or even as you go!

And secondly, I added a new page to my left sidebar with a list of the Waltzingmouse Stamps sets and the Spellbinders Dies that coordinate with them. If you scroll down that same page, there is also a second list listing the Spellbinders dies and the WMS stamp sets that coordinate with them. So if you want to know what dies coordinate with Rescue Remedies, or if you have the Standard Circles Large and want to know what stamps you can use with them all the information is in one place. This list will be available on the WMS site as a resource soon, too, and will be updated as new sets and dies are added!

Have a great day, my dears!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Festive Foliage - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Background Basics: Woodgrain - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Evergreen, Pinecone Versacolor - Tsukineko
Other: Vintage Cream Twill; Tag Sale Die #1 - Papertrey Ink; Baker's Twine, Crystal Glitter Fine - Martha Stewart Crafts; Vintage Sheet Music; Jingle Bell; Pillar Candle

5 comments:

  1. Hi Anya,
    Love your candle! Wow, to cut out around those pine needles must have taken patience. Question for you - where did you get your dark bronze jingle bells? I hunted for some this past weekend to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your green candles look wonderful with the black bell and the lovely pine boughs! Good luck at your craft sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely rustic looking tag. Very pretty Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift idea! I haven't done a candle project in so long. Need to do one again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!