Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Warm Wishes

Hello, my friends!

I have a cozy, snowy card for you today. I am enjoying experimenting with some non-traditional holiday colors and originally made this card for the first Embellish Magazine publication call.


All stamps used are from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Christmas set (which is currently out of stock - but you can add your name to Claire's waiting list).

This would be easy to mass-produce for Christmas cards.. which I just might do! I love the colors together and think these snowflakes are so elegant. A color combination of light and dark blue would be beautiful too! Have you started your Christmas cards yet? (I haven't!)

And finally, before I go, I wanted to share these photos with you. My husband took these. He really is turning into quite the photographer - if anyone has contacts in the photo industry, please send them our way!

Those are star trails - seriously! That just boggles my mind!

And a classic western Pennsylvania stream. Aren't they fantastic?!

Enjoy your evening!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Very Vintage Christmas - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Kraft, Rustic Cream, Ocean Tides - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Real Red, Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up!; Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Ocean Tides Twill, Dark Chocolate Button, Rustic Cream Button Twine - Papertrey Ink

12 comments:

  1. Not to put your pretty card on the back burner, but the star trail photo really looks like an aerial view of fallen trees doesn't it? Amazing is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh Anya....I love your card. I just got my first Waltzing Mouse Stamps at the end of last week and haven't had a chance to ink them up yet.....but I think I'm gonna have to break them out this weekend and have a play at CASEing your card. Love the colour combo too.

    Your hubby's photos are pretty stunning.....I've learnt over the years that the more you practice, the better you get!! Photography is another form of "therapy" for me, like stamping, etc.....and sadly, I don't have enough time most weeks/months to do both. I love star trails photos.....they take some time and patience and a little setting up, but produce spectacular results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Anya! gorgeous colours, love how you used the stamps and WOW those photos are fab! did you know you can upload photos to sites like Alamy and sell them, these sure look like salable shots!

    try here:

    http://www.alamy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! :) Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anya your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! As are your hubbys photos!!!
    Have a GREAT Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on the card, what a warm feeling they give.

    And your hubby is fantastic great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors on your scattered snowflakes Anya! this is so pretty and perfect for an impressive easy to multiply card!

    You DH's pics sure are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Anya! I'm in the mass producing mode today so these may be in order!! Those photographs are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card! It is beautiful but your hubby's photos are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Anya, i love the colors together and i really like snowflakes , i will have a go at it too.

    The photo's are beautiful and i hope you will show more of them.

    Hugs Yvon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!