Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fall Blessings

Hi friends! Only one day left before break! Yipee!

Before I go full-on Christmas mode (I admit, I've been listening to Christmas music already.. gotta love the 'Sounds of the Season' cable channel) I have a fall card to share with you. I am squeaking in under the wire with last week's sketch challenge from Mercy.

Here is the sketch:

And here is my card:

Boy, do I love these colors together! I had a color combination of Terracotta Tile and Spring Moss in mind and then when I saw this patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg collection, my plan fell perfectly into place! This card is 6" by 3-1/2".

The oak leaf and acorn stamps are from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blessed By You stamp set. The Fall Blessings sentiment is from Peace and Plenty. I stamped the leaves in Spring Moss, Really Rust, and Dark Chocolate. I cut them out and added some Martha Stewart glitter with a glue pen. Nothing like adding a little sparkle :)

I think I am finally caught up now with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I like doing these challenges regularly, so I'm glad to be back on track. And before I go, I'd like to share another of my husband's photos with you. Today's card reminded me of this one. Enjoy!

Hope you have a wonderful night!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Peace and Plenty, Blessed By You - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Terracotta Tile, Spring Moss, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Nutmeg - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Green Agate, Brownstone, Fire Opal glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Anya, Great interpetation of the sketch. So pretty. Love your husbands photo as well. My dh and I have a cabin in Northern Michigan and this looks just like our back property.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glitter accents on the leaves and acorns Anya! What a great touch - and the layering and stitching look awesome!

    what a great fall ferns photo by DH too! I don't think I've ever seen ferns turn before!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving GF! - we're headed up to VT for a few days with brother in law and greatly looking forward to relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Anya! love the glitter touch! and your fall wreath is magnificent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!