Friday, March 28, 2014

Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop


Hi there. Today the Serendipity Stamps Design Team is having a blog hop to share the new Teapot and Tea Cup dies that Serendipity is releasing.


Like Serendipity's other dies, these are very detailed and produce wonderfully elegant die cuts.

Before I share my card, I want to make sure you know that one random commenter will be chosen from the Design Team blogs to win a $20 gift code - so be sure to leave a comment on each blog, you could be the winner! Comments are open through March 30 at midnight and will be announced on the Serendipity Stamps Blog on the 31st. You should have arrived here from Vickie's blog. If you'd like to join us from the beginning, things are kicking off on the Serendipity Blog.


I used my nifty technique to replace the die cuts bits with different colors. It really isn't anything mind-blowing, I just remove all the cut out pieces from my bottom layer (in this case, the blue teapot and cup) and adhere it to my card, making sure to leave adhesive in all the little openings. Then I die cut the design from the other colors I want to use. I carefully remove the die cut shape from my cutting plate so that all the pieces remain intact, and then place it over my original bottom layer. I use a paper piercing tool to pop out the little pieces I want to fill in my die cut. I repeat with the different colors until my design is complete. It is much easier that trying to maneuver all those little bits into their right spots. Here is a close up of the new dies.


My friend Jeanne will be your next stop along the hop, here's the full list if you need it.


Have a great day!


---------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Get Well - Serendipity Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9; Soft Sky, Barely Banana - SU!; Spring Moss - PTI
PATTERNED PAPER: The Sweetest Thing Lavender Collection - My Mind's Eye
INK: Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
OTHER: Teapot, Tea Cup die - Serendipity Stamps

25 comments:

  1. Your colors are amazing as always. I love that soft blue with the yellow and that fab patterned paper. Looks beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet get well card Anya, those papers are so pretty, and the inlaid floral design really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and sure to brighten the day of anyone feeling a bit under the weather...love all your patterned paper too, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely Anya! Thanks for the tip about how to use the dies with different coloured card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of piecing other colors into the floral cut out. I love doing that, the effect is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Anya! I love the sweet colors & papers. This beautiful card would make anyone feel instantly better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like your inlay technique! Card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Need to get those dies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you filled in the negative space on the tea pot. Beautiful card . TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Anya! I think this Tea makes for a perfect get well card, kind of what I did with mine as well. Love the inlays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Anya!! Going to try out your tip for the little pieces...sounds so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and nice to use the Get Well with it. Very appealing to the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling card and I love those new sweet dies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a soft and beautiful card. It would make a wonderful "gift" by itself and certainly would cheer someone up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty and I love the inlaid technique you used. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, I love your choice of papers to go with the tea pot!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Thanks for the tip on using multi-colored diecuts. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These pretty papers really help highlight the beautiful die cuts with the inlay pieces. So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! Will cheer up someone for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the way you used the negatives for the contrasts on the pots, awesome inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how you inlaid the dies with different colors, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, I thought I had commented on your pretty card..but it looks like I misses seeing your card. I really like this little teapot die and just received it and made a card...I did the inlaid technique too, but it took me a long time to do. I just reread your post, trying to figure out you did yours, have to see if I can try it your way...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!